FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By myownalias
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-launch-copyright-inquiry-into-britain-first-for-using-the-queens-crown-without-permission-9859743.html

Are Caterham now part of BNP splinter group, Britain First now? :hehe:
By myownalias
There is an interesting statement made in the comments on Joe Saward's blog...

"The point is that Caterham does not HAVE to be there. The team is allowed by the secret rules to miss three races each year, if necessary."

Is there a special dispensation for Caterham, or all teams, or is it a complete pile of :bs: ?
By Jabberwocky
I have been thinking about this. A few years ago I read up on administrative rules (it was when Woolworths went bust)

The moment the administrators take over the old management team have no control. Which in the joe Saward letter the guy seems to believe he was fired by Fernandez.

When the administers take over. All bank accounts are seized and all creditors have to wait for the process to finish before they get any money.

The administers open new accounts and all debt/credit from then on is there responsibility. So if that guy was fired yesterday he should get paid now for the time the administrators have been in control.

The need to reduce out goings, so assuming this guy is not essential over the off season (think machinist)

As for the crowd funding to only fold the team later. Interesting. Isn't there a 3 million pound payment for every race they attend from TV rights? So spending 2 and a bit to make 3 sounds like good business sense. Especially if the company does not have to pay put the 2 million to start with.
By LRW
Bet he does not score any points

I bet you a chomp bar he does.

make it a curly surly and I'll be in on that action :)

Woooah! Calm down son - I dont roll that big.

See our F1 related articles too!