FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who is going to win?

Nico '6' Rosberg
33%
Lewis '44' Hamilton
67%
By LRW
Simple pole, one question, with only two possible answers.

Who is going to win?

Not to be confused with: Who deserves to win?.

Not much discussion (and definitely no argument) needed.
Hamilton, he's got the advantage in terms of points, and he also seems to have been quick on previous occasions at Abu Dhabi.
The poll options should be;

Lewis' Mercedes W05 chassis loses the WDC

Lewis 44 Hamilton wins the WDC

Because there is no other way in hell Nico can dream of "winning" it.
I know, its not about who deserves it! Just saying how it really is. :hehe:
One thing I would say is, when do we ever have a straightforward title decider. A few I can remember from recent years:

2012 - The title kept changing every lap for the first half of the race.
2010 - Really tense to see if Alonso could recover to 4th which he failed to do after failing to pass Petrov meant he got jumped by a couple of cars who pitted late in the race (Kubica was one and cant remember the other).
2008 - The closest finish to a title fight in the history of F1. Hamilton made heavy work of finishing 5th that day.
2007 - Again, it was a tense race and again the focus was on whether Hamilton could recover to 5th from last which he almost did.

So I make that the last 4 title deciders in a row that have not been as straightforward for the leader as they should have been. On 2 occasions the lead driver just held on to his advantage and the other 2 times it was stolen by the outsider (Raikkonen 2007 and Vettel 2010 weren't even in 2nd place going into the final race of their WDC season).

That said, on none of the occasions above was the title fight between 2 team mates in a totally dominant car. For me this fight is most like the 1984 decider, and I can see something similar happening. Rosberg will qualify on pole and cruise to the win. For some reason Hamilton will end up starting halfway down the field, and having to fight back through the field. Hamilton simply following Rosberg home in Abu Dhabi sounds too simple to actually happen. And lets be honest, Hamilton rarely does things the easy way!

I'll go for Hamilton, but it is more likely to be him recovering from halfway down the field and battling to 2nd than just following Nico home as he did in Brazil.
Where's the option for the one that gets more points in total?

Surely we can't be expected to actually know the future, the best we can do is predict the future based on the evidence we have - and that would be exactly parallel at this stage to who we think deserves it more because of the evidence so far provided by both

But we have been asked not to go by subjective heuristic conclusion and to instead guess, without basing it on anything

Tricky stuff indeed, but after due consideration based entirely on the mathematical probabilities associated with each winning, gaining if dropping a place, dnfing, or being massa's or maldonadoed or being stewarded I have the chances at 90/10 towards Hamilton

Good thing is that we are not expected to argue or discuss this :thumbup:
By LRW
You really are a <-- Edited For Content --> sometimes cookin'.

Cant you ever do anything light-hearted, without trying to swing your knob about in an attempt to show how intellectual you are?
...Surely we can't be expected to actually know the future, the best we can do is predict the future based on the evidence we have...

Isn't that how you came up with your signature? :whip:
You really are a <-- Edited For Content --> sometimes cookin'.

Cant you ever do anything light-hearted, without trying to swing your knob about in an attempt to show how intellectual you are?

Now now let's all try to calm down and remember the op instructions of no arguments and presumably no insults and no failure to respect the rights of others to not be like you are

What's the point of a public poll if you are going to get your knickers in a twist about the various responses :rolleyes:

Also, your insults are a bit confusing, it's hard to be a <-- Edited For Content --> and have a <-- Edited For Content --> to swing in the same sentence

Just sayin......

Edit: to be fair my original response was actually meant to be ironic humour that when it comes to the next race, there won't be a simple answer from the various 'pain in the arse' types like myself, so it was meant to be lighthearted if you read it properly :hehe:
I see Im the only one to vote Nico.... (so far)

You should have included an option for Kimi and Jules, they would have gotten at least one vote a piece.
By LRW
Edit: to be fair my original response was actually meant to be ironic humour that when it comes to the next race, there won't be a simple answer from the various 'pain in the arse' types like myself, so it was meant to be lighthearted if you read it properly :hehe:

Ok, thats fair enough - and maybe I did overreact to it - but all I wanted to do with this poll was get a quick show of hands on how many people thought Nico or Hamilton would do it. There are plenty of discussion threads on the reasons why and how, and I didnt want to double up on that.
I see Im the only one to vote Nico.... (so far)

You should have included an option for Kimi and Jules, they would have gotten at least one vote a piece.

I think you can only vote once in this one, so the 'voter' will have to choose.

Furthermore the other star player in our forumula pool seems to have taken a hike.
Hey chaps, let's cut out the bad language, this is a family forum after all!

It really does come down to reliability, if the Mercedes had bulletproof reliability, Hamilton would have been out of reach already, so it could go either way.

But I would put my money on Hamilton to finish second at worst, all being well with his car come Abu Dhouble.

See our F1 related articles too!