FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Can Ferrari better Williams when run as a public company?

Yes
13%
No
88%
Matter of pure chance
No votes
0%
There are too many polls at once, I cant cope
No votes
0%
...In hindsight I think it was a bad move...

And, that's the crux of it, isn't it? In hindsight... We coulda, shoulda, woulda...
That's not how decisions are made, though is it? Sigh...
Anybody got a crystal ball? :banghead:
I'm sure Cookie would have lent Ferrari his crystal ball. Quite a few of us here predicted the train wreck.

And, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want Cookin's balls... :whip:
I would think when you have none you'd probably make do with anyone's.
I would think when you have none you'd probably make do with anyone's.

:clap: You're right!! And, that's exactly why Ferrari don't need anyone else's! :thumbup:
But they obviously do as whatever they have is clearly not working and hasnt been for many years, they cant be happy with this, and so why would they continue without any??

This is obviously a metaphor for management decision making as opposed to the dangly things -steering back firmly to F1
Just a reminder: there has been a change in management,
from whom no one is expecting success after such a short
period of time, especially since development is so limited.
I can't help but think that all of the change we've seen in the team has turned out to be either unexpected or unwanted or downright unappealing to the fans.

Domenicalli, Mattiacci, De Montezemolo, a stock spin off and whatever other shoe drops around Alonso now that Vettel is coming in. Fifty million a year is going to be a very expensive justification to both board members and share holders should it not see immediate results PDQ.
I can only be philosophical about all the changes and suggest that it's always darkest before the dawn. :blush:

You do realize Harvey Dent became a villain himself and died after that little speech in Dark Knight. :hehe:
It's not as if Ferrari have anyone else to blame. I mean other than the louse of an engine Ferrari were forced to build by mean ol' Mercedes. The chassis is a different story.

IMO Williams have made a fantastic step forward this year, the Merc engine certainly helps but they've come out ahead of McLaren and they also share the Merc powerplant. The point is as Red Bull has shown, a great package needs suspension, chassis and engine to work in harmony. Other than that, you can stick a jet in the back and still not move up the grid.

Mercedes came up with a winning engine, but the also developed a chassis that rivals Red Bull's and that's something that's not happened in a few years.
Interesting and subtle digs at Ferraris new reality once they float from Kaltenburg

"Wasn't it Marco who also said that he's getting questions on ROI [return on investment] from his partners? How does he plan to keep that going so well with the way things are going here?" she said to Autosport.

"What if his partners - who are probably paying a lot - come and say 'What's my return on investment with results? What's my return on investment with viewers going down, with the show not being attractive?'

"So I wonder if his business model is going to work if he didn't have the backing of those kind of partners or a manufacturer?

"Because I think if the manufacturer wouldn't put that money in there, you would have a business model that is defunct. And I know what I'm talking about."

She is basically saying, the minute Ferrari no longer have 'romantic' funding thats not tied to any acceptable Investor ROI models they will instantly become like Sauber - striving to become like Williams
I can only be philosophical about all the changes and suggest that it's always darkest before the dawn. :blush:

You do realize Harvey Dent became a villain himself and died after that little speech in Dark Knight. :hehe:

Not into fiction, so no, I didn't know that.
Doesn't change my mind, regardless! :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!