FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Can Ferrari better Williams when run as a public company?

Yes
13%
No
88%
Matter of pure chance
No votes
0%
There are too many polls at once, I cant cope
No votes
0%
Not in 2014, but for the next decade. bottom soon as ferrari is listed and the public hold any of its shares, then the entire company is legally obliged to do return value to investors at all costs. The profit and earnings per share will become the driver of all desicions within the company. So no more individual at the top making decisions based on romance - only on what will return tihe most profit from its shareholders.

Williams has been run this way for many years now. Ferrari will have to learn to operate like this overnight for the first time in 40 years. with Williams the main business is F1 and engineering so thats there main avenue for growth and shareholder value. with Ferrari however the road cars are the main business, therefore all it would take is for any 1 analyst out of the 100s that are gonna be crawling all over its books, looking to advise there followers ahead of the others when to exit the stock, all it would take is a calculation that the spend on F1 is not yielding the benefits that could be yielded say by advertising instead. And Ferrari F1 would be dust, just like that

So for Ferrari F1 to make it beyond the end of 2015 they will have to at the very least beat Williams whos stock will be compared as if in the same sector

Is this possible?:
Is this possible?:

Does it matter, I mean F1 will be gone in less than a few years :thumbup:
Taking the barbs out of the exchanges here, I think the comparison would be more accurate if it was Ferrari/McLaren. A standalone Ferrari would have to take many, many more things into consideration than the do today. Primarily, weighing profitability that would need to be maintained when compared to the F1 effort.

For example, a fiscally irresponsible independent Ferrari would be hammered in the stock price if they had to pay 15 million, or whatever they handed to Montezemolo to scoot. It's just business from now on and having to manage it like a public corporation as opposed to a family business. They'd also face scrutiny from the shareholders over the gargantuan contract offered to Vettel.

Reality bites.
...Reality bites.

And, winners roll with the punches by pulling up their sleeves and applying some good old-fashioned elbow grease.

Elbow grease costs money. Winning adds value to the brand. Ferrari hasn't won anything in 7 years now. Brawn, Red Bull, Mercedes have. Stock holders are all about what have you done for me lately. They don't do the winner, rah rah speech.
Yup... it's been a long time; but, you don't have to tell me!
But, hope springs eternal! Read my signature (sans images), which is pretty similar to your own:
After the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
Oh, and, if you need it, I can provide a translation for:
Mai dire mai!!
But, hope springs eternal! Read my signature (sans images), which is pretty similar to your own:
Mai dire mai!!

Yes, yes, very nice, passion and hope and whatever. Stockholders give two shiats about all that.
By LRW
Mai dire mai!!

I think WBs point is, share holders wont give a fyling tooth pick about how sweet the success will be when it eventually comes. They just want their money now. And if they dont get it, they will sell.
Last edited by LRW on 30 Oct 14, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
It appears to me Sagi, that all of Ferrari's troubles began right around the time you became a fan.

I knooow... Image
Is this possible?:

Does it matter, I mean F1 will be gone in less than a few years :thumbup:

A truebred (loser) Ferrari fan.....if we suck ar$e, we hope the rest of our world dies along with us. You guys are class.
It appears to me Sagi, that all of Ferrari's troubles began right around the time you became a fan.

To be fair to both sagi and ferrari, i think all their problems can be traced back at leastas far as right around the time she was born
Ferrari could have brought in Jules, the Hulk, Kobayashi, Possibly lured Ricciardo or Bottas, even settled for Perez. All of which at worst would have been no further off than Kimi and likely very much ahead. Saved them a boat load of cash in salary and made a profit in the WCC standing points payout.
Not sure if Bianchi was ready for Ferrari this season, but I honestly believe until Lotus ran into financial trouble that Hulk was going to Ferrari but as soon as Kimi became available Ferrari took him. In hindsight I think it was a bad move, in fact even Massa would have been closer to Alonso as he was in 2013 and would have outqualified Alonso (who's 1 lap pace has never been electric) more regularly.

See our F1 related articles too!