FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
Fernandes is the owner of Queens Park Rangers?

It is a UK soccer team (don't know if that is what you was asking)
By Jabberwocky
Dont Panic!! Ecclestone is stepping in to mediate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29737238

Because apparently. Bernie's new stance is..... "I'd rather not lose the teams"

Maybe the stance has changed because
A, the other teams can not provide 3 cars.

B, he is a jolly nice fellow and wants to help.

C, the new owners are desperate and will be in Bernice pocket if he helps them

D, CVC don't want the F1 name dragged through the mud more than it already has. So has evoked the dark one
By CigarGuy
Fernandes is the owner of Queens Park Rangers?

It is a UK soccer team (don't know if that is what you was asking)

Yes.
By Murphy
According to Sky Sports they have a deadline of Saturday to get the cars packed and sent to Austin. If they don't meet this then the chances are that they will not race... :(

You have to feel for the staff at the Leafield base, extreme uncertainty at the moment.
By Murphy
Hmmm... Not sure then! I'm sure they'll probably have a few things at Leafield that they would want for Austin.
By myownalias
I think it would be better for Caterham to pull out now and save themselves further embarrassment; who would have thought that Manor/Virgin/Marussia would be the last team standing of the newbies? I really hate to see an iconic British name dragged through the mud like this on the most high profile motorsport stage.
By CookinFlat6
Dont Panic!! Ecclestone is stepping in to mediate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29737238

Because apparently. Bernie's new stance is..... "I'd rather not lose the teams"

Maybe the stance has changed because
A, the other teams can not provide 3 cars.

B, he is a jolly nice fellow and wants to help.

C, the new owners are desperate and will be in Bernice pocket if he helps them

D, CVC don't want the F1 name dragged through the mud more than it already has. So has evoked the dark one

:rofl::rofl:

That is so spot on its not even funny. Its become so transparent and desperate you gotta cringe for Bernie sometimes. The car makers have no interest, sponsors have got much better ways of spending the money - even F1 itself is more attractive than the cars now for sponsors. I wonder if CVC will have the verve to just go ahead and stick their banners on the Caterhams. Paying Peter to pay Paul except Peter has a few siblings called Sauber, Marrusia, Force India and Lotus - if those dont get taken over they are gone by 2016
By LiamCatterson
Rumours are that EJ is owning Caterham but this is the daily mail reporting so take it with a huge grain of salt. They tend to tell a load of :bs:

See our F1 related articles too!