FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Another solid drive by The Hulk, this guy should have been snapped up by Ferrari, but they went for the sure thing... sure thing. He keeps the consistency of a metronome and I'd love to see him in Formula Haas. :thumbup:
So the hulk will be staying with FI, wonder if they're planning something concerning additional relationships with Mercedes the way they had with McLaren. Since this shoe dropped, I think we'll start to see some movement in the rest of the grid before Austin.

F1.com The 27-year-old German is enjoying his best season to date in 2014, having scored points in all but three Grands Prix. He currently sits eighth in the drivers' standings.

"It's good to confirm my plans for next season," Hulkenberg said. "This is a team I know extremely well and we've enjoyed a great year together with some special results.

"The team has big ambitions and I believe we can have a competitive package once again next year. We have a strong partner in Mercedes and everyone in the team is motivated and hungry for more success.

"I have a good feeling for 2015 and there is a lot to be excited about as we try to build on the results we have achieved this year."

Force India team principal and managing director Vijay Mallya said retaining Hulkenberg was a major boost, adding: "Everybody in the team is delighted to see Nico remain a Sahara Force India driver for next season. We rate him very highly and he has done a tremendous job this year by consistently picking up crucial championship points.

"We know him extremely well: he's a true racer and he knows how to motivate the team. I am convinced he is one of the best talents on the grid and I am proud that he will continue to race in the colours of Sahara Force India."

Hulkenberg raced with Force India in 2011 and '12 and, after a one-year spell at Sauber, returned ahead of the 2014 season. He has scored 76 points over the opening 16 races - compared to team mate Sergio Perez's 47 - and has helped keep Force India in the hunt for fifth in the constructors' championship. The team currently trail McLaren by 20 points.
Jeez, just noticed. It's like I'm talking to myself in this thread.

Not only in this thread, me thinks :hehe:

I'd rather think of it as... I leave people speechless. :blush:
Jeez, just noticed. It's like I'm talking to myself in this thread.

Not only in this thread, me thinks :hehe:

I'd rather think of it as... I leave people speechless. :blush:

Oh, that, too - just not sure whether it's for the right reasons... :P
Everyone wants to move up the grid. Grosjean was looking to do just that given his comments but I read yesterday where he's thinking that staying with Lotus might not be bad given the new Merc engines, so maybe there's a lid about to blow and everything will fall in its place soon.
Hulk will be driving the works Porsche 919 at Le Mans

[url]Nico Hülkenberg @NicoHulkenberg[/url]

Hulk is actually a good fit Porsche driver - makes sense, the F1 teams dont get his strengths, and when he pops out of cover they could get a shock
You confusing the two Nicos?

See our F1 related articles too!