FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Lets try not to sidetrack into what makes an investment and if a failed investment, renders all investment irrelevant.

thanks

Does a successful investment render any investment relevant?
Firstly, thank you for actually responding this time and for attempting to corroborate your interesting if somewhat incredible theory :thumbup:
... Honda with the largest R&D budget, producing electric instead of algae powered leaf cars

Honda UK currently advertise on their web site 8 diesel models and 3 hybrids.

Diesels are a lot more efficient thermal energy wise than petrol engines however they are not even in the ball park for the argument about an alternative energy source for mass transportation. Because they use diesel which is yet another oil product, i.e a fossil fuel burn emitting greanhouse gasses which is a major culprit in the underlying reasons to find an alternative to existing fuels. You may be thinking of bio diesel - a derivative bio fuel, which could be argued to be on the Carbon neutral side of the equation. Alas Hondas diesels are all of the old school fossil fuel burning environment killing carbon rich oil deposits that we are trying to get away from - so nice try but I will have to fail you on that one - more research needed

... could you please direct me in the direction of, or provide some proof about zero impact on food supply from bio fuels

The amount of land needed to replace all the diesel fuel used in the US today with an algae derivative would be half of one percent of the current farm land used according to Douglas Henston Solix CEO. Algae can grow on marginal/dessert type lands with saline groundwater.

Now this douglas henstone chappie - is he by any chance in the business of selling algae cultivation systems? whats that? ah he is one of a raft of startups that raised funding around 5 years ago for various such comicbook ideas on the back of the Obama admins election spiel of ratifying Kyooto and throwing money at the environmental protection lobby? Ok so he says this does he? and what has his company dione with them startup funds? revolutionised the industry? So they raised funding on the back of a proprietary revolutionary system for growing algae - so 5 years later they should have cracked it big rite? hold on Douglas was sacked and replaced as CEO a few years back - apparently the comicbook idea was a fantasy. So thats why you know so much about making great investments by studying their price to earnings ratio and book value, you have tried to force your opinion backed by your moderation mandate on others to accept without argument facts that are WRONG and do not even bear scrutiny of a cursory Bloomberg funding opportunities enquiry?

Thats obviously a big Fail mate.

This is from Wiki

Energy source[edit]
Main articles: Algae fuel, Biological hydrogen production, Biohydrogen, Biodiesel, Ethanol fuel, Butanol fuel and Vegetable fats and oils
To be competitive and independent from fluctuating support from (local) policy on the long run, biofuels should equal or beat the cost level of fossil fuels. Here, algae based fuels hold great promise,[58][59] directly related to the potential to produce more biomass per unit area in a year than any other form of biomass. The break-even point for algae-based biofuels is estimated to occur by 2025.[60]

So its still very much in speculation and comic book fantasy lalaland - sounds promising - enough to raise investment funds to spunk, but not solid enough for the majors to back over electric via electric hybrid

I don't think these comments add anything to your posts "comicbook projections" or "Spanky may be having problems replying to the post above".

in hindsight i was spot on, my mistake was confusing pure garden variety inbred ignorance with any conscious bias or opinion
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 19 Oct 14, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
Lets try not to sidetrack into what makes an investment and if a failed investment, renders all investment irrelevant.

thanks

if the cashier in the shop gives you the wrong change does that render all maths irelevant?

If she gives you the right change does that render any maths relevant?

Take your time, think before you post

thanks

It's all about perspective, eh??
Opinions and facts are mutually exclusive until you demanded as much credibility for your opinion as is given to a fact. Why is this simple concept so difficult to accept by the opinionated? And please don't reply with lots of "wordy words".
Opinions and facts are mutually exclusive until you demanded as much credibility for your opinion as is given to a fact. Why is this simple concept so difficult to accept by the opinionated? And please don't reply with lots of "wordy words".

You have a narrow definition of opinion.
If you were to accept that they can be based on emotions/thoughts,
you would understand and possibly respect the right to have one.

:rofl:
Silly rabbit.

Did you even read his post sagi?? coomon you can do better than that

Opinions are ok, whether based on tea leaves or emotion or anything at all - UNTIL they are tried to be passed of as fact OR (listen carefully sagi) used in any kind of argument against any kind of other opinion or worse actual facts

thats what you do, you have an opinion that is not backed up by any reality, most time yu havent even watched the video or seen the race or read the details, yet yu have an opinion - thats fine, but its when you then start to argue for this 'fantasy' against others that the whole place starts to resemble the waiting room for a teenage girls hairdresser where all the talk is 'my pop star is better than your' just because I said so, and just because I had the last say and stuck a whip smiley in there

Its not just you thats just yur version above, others make these statements and then defend them to the death, changing the argument, lying, been dishonest, cheating etc

And then these are the same people who go crying to the feds when they get swatted at will

its good to have an opinion, but there are unspoken rules of decency and integrity that shouldnt have to be explained to otherwise smart adults
I shared an opinion sagi, no need to argue, no need to mention bias/unbiased - whatever you mean by that - I know yu dont mean it but that could be miscontsrued as you saying 'your opinion is wrong' just because i said so

best thing is to try and stick to F1 - its better all round :thumbup:
Some people are afraid of change, any change. Electricity is the one source of power that can be gathered in perpetuity for free once the initial investment has been made.

Anyway, with all these Tesla posts it would seem to me that our forum queen would quickly drop her knickers for Alon Musk.

:yes: Elon is schmexy :clap:

The guy is brilliant, it wouldn't surprise me if he was diagnosed with what used to be called Asperger's syndrome. I thought this since the first time I ever heard him in an extended interview about Space X many years ago. Laser focus on the issues while completely ignoring the superfluous periphery.
I shared an opinion sagi, no need to argue, no need to mention bias/unbiased - whatever you mean by that - I know yu dont mean it but that could be miscontsrued as you saying 'your opinion is wrong' just because i said so..

Your lack of reading comprehension has reared its head, once again.
I did not argue. Nor do I have the need to argue.
Your opinion is "biased" in that you have chosen to agree with this
technology and will accept only opinions from those who also agree.
My intention was not to say "because I said so"; but, you may have
misconstrued that, since that's how you yourself operate.
I shared an opinion sagi, no need to argue, no need to mention bias/unbiased - whatever you mean by that - I know yu dont mean it but that could be miscontsrued as you saying 'your opinion is wrong' just because i said so..

Your lack of reading comprehension has reared its head, once again.
I did not argue. Nor do I have the need to argue.
Your opinion is "biased" in that you have chosen to agree with this
technology and will accept only opinions from those who also agree.
My intention was not to say "because I said so"; but, you may have
misconstrued that, since that's how you yourself operate.

So let me get this straight... you post your opinion. Well enough, but then go on to say your opinion is just as valid as the facts presented because...

It's not about change.

It's about the fact that the initial investment necessary for us to be an electrically-powered
world is not a financial possibility, for most countries, at the moment.

Yes, wind turbines have been proven to work in many communities, around the world. And,
yes, in Ontario with all the hydroelectric generating plants, it would probably be easier to
convert; but, that doesn't mean it would be financially feasible to do that in our life time.

And, yes, of course, we need to start "some time"! Just not sure that beleaguered taxpayers
are ready for it, at the moment.

and when it was made clear to you that tax payer money isn't being used for Tesla to provide these stations, you moved on to...

... For how long will Tesla supply free Superchargers to consumers, when this
vehicle makes it to the market? Does Tesla plan on supplying them free "forever"? If not, how much
is a Supercharger going to cost? What sort of maintenance / repairs can one anticipate? How much
do they cost? Who is authorized to perform the service? What sort of warranty is available? Does it
become void, if anyone other than authorized service centers perform maintenance on the vehicle?

Oh, yeah the supportable business model of Tesla as a whole. Se then it was pointed out to you that if it's the investemet side that you take issue with and disagree with. There are lots of investors and Wall Street results that disagree and say this is a growth industry.

So the you move to on chastize others for challenging your opinion with facts and you move on to the incensed part of your routine.

Do tell, how is asking for clarification a complaint?
Those questions need to be answered before anyone
can stand on a soap box and rebuke anyone who is
not on board with this sort of innovation!

...and then when pointed out that investors don't just "throw money" at things, they actually research their investments before plunking said monies, you...

You're reading between the lines to find a shovel.
Generally, world investors have money to work with.
I do not. Nothing sinister, nothing implied.

I did NOT claim investors have money to throw again, rather that they can afford to make investments that I can't.

And, for the record, IF we're going to hear about how stupid people are that don't buy into this NOW, what is the
problem with providing a plausible reason as to why people can't?? Unless, of course, only those agreeing with it
are allowed to voice their opinions?

And go on to offer this gem... since there's been bad investments in the world, this one obviously must be a bad investment too since it's my opinion.

They aren't alone: 8 Really Bad Investments That Lost a Bundle

Then you of course go on to challange the very idea that opinion should not be questioned when I proposed that an opinion and a fact can mutually coexist unless one tries to pass an opinion as a fact.

All the while ignoring the very basis for the statement in the first place.

I understand, no one likes to be publicly made a fool of, but it would be easier to avoid all that if you don't say foolish things in the first place. While then attacking anyone willing to question the foolishness.

Rinse, lather, repeat. :rolleyes: Oh and don't forget to report this post as further proof of harassment of your beliefs. I do apologize for the "wordy words" but in all fairness they're mostly your words.

See our F1 related articles too!