FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
meh, its all a big scam, electric charging stations, range extension, batteries - whats wrong with the good old ICE that has served us so well for 100 years??

Its all a big scam, i tell ya - all designed so I get rid of my car and buy a new one, why I have had by lovely 7 litre cast iron straight 12 engined car for near on 50 years now and it still gets me from A to B. Nah this has nothing to do with the evironment when the food for my engine is still cheap and never ending

Everyone knows that global warming doesnt exist - I read the report by a bunch of scietists - they know where its at, if they werent smart the Oil companies wouldnt have payed for the report
Whilst I think the mix of energy sources and delivery methods will change a lot over the next few decades, I'm not convinced that either Hybrid or Plug-in cars have yet convinced the buyer. Lots of figures around but Electric car (hybrids plus plug-ins) sales are slightly down YTD this year at 3.6% from the 3.7% they reached last year according to plugincars.com.

At the same time, what's termed clean-diesel sales in the US have jumped 25% (green.autoblog.com). Admittedly those sales also total in the 3.x% range. Europe is now a majority diesel market and the giant growth market of India is also in love with diesel.

In the drive to find safe and Eco-friendly solutions these and other methods will find sectors where they work best. We need to address carbon balance and eliminate the very dangerous options asap.

The things I personally like about bio-fuels are their carbon neutral capabilities. They can be grown in enough forms and on non-arable lands so they have zero impact on food supply. Algae has a lot of benefits, such a simple lifeform that is very high yielding, is no threat to farmlands and has a byproduct of cleaning water.

I doubt the solution will be one over the other like Blueray V HD, rather it will be a mix,where different segments in different markets will be filled by different solutions.
spanky, you've hit the nail on the head:
...I doubt the solution will be one over the other like Blueray V HD, rather it will be a mix,where different segments in different markets will be filled by different solutions.

We don't like in a world of absolutes (other than death and taxes),
why should fuelling our vehicles be determined in such terms?

The things I personally like about bio-fuels are their carbon neutral capabilities. They can be grown in enough forms and on non-arable lands so they have zero impact on food supply. Algae has a lot of benefits, such a simple lifeform that is very high yielding, is no threat to farmlands and has a byproduct of cleaning water.

I doubt the solution will be one over the other like Blueray V HD, rather it will be a mix,where different segments in different markets will be filled by different solutions.

:yikes:

Someone forgot to tell the major car companies it seems. Silly dumbos like Honda with the largest R&D budget, producing electric instead of algae powered leaf cars

Interesting point hough, could you please direct me in the direction of, or provide some proof about zero impact on food supply from bio fuels (at the levels required to replace oil for transport in the world say in the next 20 years) - I assumed you were talking about practical solutions and not comicbook projections into the future

:hooli-popcorn:
Can we stick to this important and much misunderstood topic please - a real world electric car and the objections to it or alternatives maybe overlooked by the car makers and their investors

Lets try not to sidetrack into what makes an investment and if a failed investment, renders all investment irrelevant.

thanks
Some people are unable to leave their off the wall opinions out of topics they disagree with yet scream like stuck pigs when there's someone leaving their opinion about Ferrari and its business practices. Go figure.
Some people are unable to leave their off the wall opinions out of topics they disagree with yet [object] when there's someone leaving their opinion about Ferrari and it's business practices...

Ah, I wasn't aware that this was a """""""""support""""""""" thread!! :banghead:

p.s. I left out the gratuitous pot shot!!
Some people are unable to leave their off the wall opinions out of topics they disagree with yet [object] when there's someone leaving their opinion about Ferrari and it's business practices...

Ah, I wasn't aware that this was a """""""""support""""""""" thread!! :banghead:

Just an anti hypocrisy comment is all.

Just an anti hypocrisy comment is all.

Not at all, since one is a thread that is supposedly in support of a team/driver,
where opinions are expected to be, at the very least, constructive whereas the
other seems to have been opened to invite debate/questions & pro/con opinions!
Can we stick to this important and much misunderstood topic please - a real world electric car and the objections to it or alternatives maybe overlooked by the car makers and their investors

Lets try not to sidetrack into what makes an investment and if a failed investment, renders all investment irrelevant.

thanks

That would be well and good if the hypocrisy was contained to the Ferarri thread... it isn't is it?
... Honda with the largest R&D budget, producing electric instead of algae powered leaf cars

Honda UK currently advertise on their web site 8 diesel models and 3 hybrids.

... could you please direct me in the direction of, or provide some proof about zero impact on food supply from bio fuels

The amount of land needed to replace all the diesel fuel used in the US today with an algae derivative would be half of one percent of the current farm land used according to Douglas Henston Solix CEO. Algae can grow on marginal/dessert type lands with saline groundwater.

I responded this time cause you asked with a please :clap:

I don't think these comments add anything to your posts "comicbook projections" or "Spanky may be having problems replying to the post above".

See our F1 related articles too!