FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Some people are afraid of change, any change. Electricity is the one source of power that can be gathered in perpetuity for free once the initial investment has been made.

It's not about change.

It's about the fact that the initial investment necessary for us to be an electrically-powered
world is not a financial possibility, for most countries, at the moment.

Yes, wind turbines have been proven to work in many communities, around the world. And,
yes, in Ontario with all the hydroelectric generating plants, it would probably be easier to
convert; but, that doesn't mean it would be financially feasible to do that in our life time.

And, yes, of course, we need to start "some time"! Just not sure that beleaguered taxpayers
are ready for it, at the moment.

p.s. if you're interested: Niagara Falls hydroelectric generating plants

Did you miss the part about Tesla financing and building these stations themselves?
For those actually interested in the truth - its generally accepted that electricity costs about 1p per mile (£0.01) up to 2p depending on how much extra you are charged for electricity away from home etc, so this trip would have cost £33.9 about $50

Obviously there is little point comparing that to an ICE trip
Did you miss the part about Tesla financing and building these stations themselves?

Nope!! But, I do know companies can say/propose/guarantee anything they like to get people on board,
so reading between the lines is obviously important, when it comes to business. Financing and building
the stations is only one part of the costs; but, my questions aren't covered by that:
... For how long will Tesla supply free Superchargers to consumers, when this
vehicle makes it to the market? Does Tesla plan on supplying them free "forever"? If not, how much
is a Supercharger going to cost? What sort of maintenance / repairs can one anticipate? How much
do they cost? Who is authorized to perform the service? What sort of warranty is available? Does it
become void, if anyone other than authorized service centers perform maintenance on the vehicle?
maybe you missed the part about the governments funding an infrastructure of electric charging stations as the need begins to rise (internet searches help with this), which it wont if we all listened to the likes of Luca di montezedodo and concluded that electricity was a scam and fossil fuel burning ICE's are really not that bad

Nope!! But, I do know companies can say/propose/guarantee anything they like to get people on board,
so reading between the lines is obviously important, when it comes to business. Financing and building
the stations is only one part of the costs; but, my questions aren't covered by that:
... For how long will Tesla supply free Superchargers to consumers, when this
vehicle makes it to the market? Does Tesla plan on supplying them free "forever"? If not, how much
is a Supercharger going to cost? What sort of maintenance / repairs can one anticipate? How much
do they cost? Who is authorized to perform the service? What sort of warranty is available? Does it
become void, if anyone other than authorized service centers perform maintenance on the vehicle?

So why the complaint? If you're not sure a manufacturer has answered your questions appropriately you don't have to buy it. Some people though feel that's not enough, it has to be actively demonized as well. Go figure.
So why the complaint? If you're not sure a manufacturer has answered your questions appropriately you don't have to buy it. Some people though feel that's not enough, it has to be actively demonized as well. Go figure.

Do tell, how is asking for clarification a complaint?
Those questions need to be answered before anyone
can stand on a soap box and rebuke anyone who is
not on board with this sort of innovation!

And that's your opinion. Investors seem to disagree, but what do they know. :shrug:

And that's your opinion. Investors seem to disagree, but what do they know. :shrug:

Investors know they have money they are willing to "gamble" with.

(( I don't. And, that's not an opinion, that's a fact, Jack! :wink: J))

So in your world investors throw money away on investments they feel will fail. :scratchchin: Interdasting. I'm inclined to let you keep digging this newest of holes.

So in your world investors throw money away on investments they feel will fail. :scratchchin: Interdasting. I'm inclined to let you keep digging this newest of holes.

You're reading between the lines to find a shovel.
Generally, world investors have money to work with.
I do not. Nothing sinister, nothing implied.

So you 1) you hold to your claim that investors throw money away, and 2)choose to publicly complain and decry something you've absolutely no interest financially or fundamentally in? Quite contrary.
...■ Total energy consumption: 1.06 Megawatt-hours

■ Total fuel cost: $0 (thanks to Tesla's free Superchargers, available to all Tesla owners)

That's amazing!! You can travel the world, without paying for fuel consumption!! :clap:

Oh, oh... wait a second!! For how long will Tesla supply free Superchargers to consumers, when this

:yikes: No, thanks!! I think I'll stick to mine!! :thumbup:

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Full Charge in 90 Seconds

Model S is designed to allow a fast battery swap, exchanging your battery for a fully charged battery in less than half the time it takes to refill a gas tank. This offers Model S drivers another, even faster option when recharging while driving long distances.

Tesla Valet Service

Tesla is putting in place a valet service, so that your car is seamlessly picked up and replaced with a loaner and then returned as soon as we are done. There is no additional charge for this.

And for long trips that might not yet be fully covered with supercharger stations, Tesla owners have free rental cars available.
Some people are afraid of change, any change. Electricity is the one source of power that can be gathered in perpetuity for free once the initial investment has been made.

Anyway, with all these Tesla posts it would seem to me that our forum queen would quickly drop her knickers for Alon Musk.

:yes: Elon is schmexy :clap:

So you 1) you hold to your claim that investors throw money away, and 2)choose to publicly complain and decry something you've absolutely no interest financially or fundamentally in? Quite contrary.

Again, you're reading between the lines; but, you should also accept that not everyone has an agenda.

I did NOT claim investors have money to throw again, rather that they can afford to make investments that I can't.

And, for the record, IF we're going to hear about how stupid people are that don't buy into this NOW, what is the
problem with providing a plausible reason as to why people can't?? Unless, of course, only those agreeing with it
are allowed to voice their opinions?

See our F1 related articles too!