FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Coronis
Another weekend flies by... Was really impressed with Mostert on debut, chalked up DJR's 3 best results in his first 3 races. Moffat too was solid all weekend. Pit stop screwup ruined Winterbottom's final race, of course, otherwise he would've had 3 consecutive podiums. Great job too from Reynolds and Alex Davison, both solid top 10 contenders all weekend. Too bad they double stacked :( Go Ford!
By Coronis
Winterbottom gets screwed out of another possible race victory by another messed up pitstop.... Great.
By Frontrunner
I think V8SC can be happy with how their first visit to the Texas. much better than previous visits to China, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi where nobody knows what V8SC even is.
By spankyham
A couple of years ago they talked about coming to race in my backyard in the Philippines (Clark). Haven't heard anything since then. They probably decided against it once they realized all the drivers, crew and fans would end up in Fields Ave for the duration of the event :hehe:
By Frontrunner
Felt so bad for Davey Reynolds for the Saturday race, Winterbottom totally deserves that penalty for pounding straight into him, team mate or not.
By Coronis
Felt so bad for Davey Reynolds for the Saturday race, Winterbottom totally deserves that penalty for pounding straight into him, team mate or not.

Agreed. Great to see Winterbottom get the win on Sunday though, well deserved, been fast all year. Here comes the Ford resurgence :D
By Coronis
Brilliant from FPR today, especially Winterbottom. Eked out 41 laps on the softs.
By Hammer278
Check out this goose:

Me and my car: Ben Mitchell

Ben Mitchell is best known for his role as Dr TK Samuels on Shortland St. He tells Donna McIntyre he's a Holden fan
By Donna McIntyre

What do you drive?

A black Holden SSVE 2010. It's powerful. And it looks good. It suits me.

What is the main consideration if you are buying a car?

Well, I am never one to follow the rules, so I am probably not the right person to ask, but I think it's important to know whether you can afford the car before you go about buying it. There's no point in going beyond your means for the sake of a car which will eventually devalue anyway.

Do you prefer manual or automatic?

Manual. It gives you more control over your speed and you're more connected to the vehicle.

Favourite car colour? And why?

Black because it is subtle and classic.

Your first car?

That was a Mitsubishi Mirage. I managed to pack my whole life in that car. It was surprisingly roomy.

Your dream car - if you had no financial restraints?

I have my eye on the new Holden Senator which is the elite class of the Holdens.

Who taught you to drive?

My father at a very young age (possibly too young). He was hard on me, but he was a great teacher. We would drive in the rural outskirts of Hamilton so there was barely any traffic on the roads.

What is your most memorable road trip?

That would have to be around the Coromandel with my girlfriend at the time. We had no money and we slept in the car. It was just a relaxed and cruisy holiday.

And what do you listen to in your car?

I have been listening to a Hans Zimmer compilation. He is a composer who has written the scores of huge numbers of well-known movies so this disc has huge variety on it. I'm also keen on a bit of House music.

What's a great day trip out of Auckland?

I have been driving to Rotorua quite a bit lately. I take my wife and children and we go on the luge, to the lake, the animals and stuff. I never get sick of the luge. Rotorua is like a world within a world.

Does what people drive influence how you perceive them?

Yes. I think you can tell a lot about a person by the type of car they drive. It breaks down into something superficial. It makes you instantly go to the economic situation. And are men more masculine if they drive a sports car or a V8? More feminine if they drive something economical and smaller? Do they think they are superior if they drive an elite car? I think European cars are wanky. And, if a woman is driving a masculine car, I say dude, you need to get out of that car because you're chasing the men away.

Would you rather drive in Auckland or take public transport?

Drive.

Who else is allowed to drive your car?

No one.

How often do you clean your car?

Ha ha ha. I have kids. There is no point in cleaning the inside of your car, at least when you have kids.

Do you have a pet hate on the road?

Don't get me started on my pet hates. Slow people, people who can't drive. I am a bit impatient at the best of times so anyone who stops my flow really annoys me.

Is there room on our roads for bicycles and cars?

Bikes are for children, you need to step up from adolescence, it's hard to save $15K and buy a car. People bike to work and then come to a party and want to get a lift with you, they're using other people.
By Frontrunner
I've been watching the Bathurst 1000 since i was a little kid, but i have never witness a race quite like it, just a amazing race, if you haven't seen it i suggest you watch a highlight package or something, simply amazing.
By spankyham
I've been watching the Bathurst 1000 since i was a little kid, but i have never witness a race quite like it, just a amazing race, if you haven't seen it i suggest you watch a highlight package or something, simply amazing.

It was freaking awesome!!!!
I'm still going wow,WOW, WOW

A few points from the race:-
Won by Chaz Mostert and Paul Morris for Ford Performance Racing (FPR)
They started last.
They didn't lead any lap of the race.
Chaz wasn't born when Paul Morris drove his first Bathurst 1000.
10 safety cars for the race
Back to back wins for FPR
By Frontrunner
A few records brokens there. Most notably is leading only 1 lap out of the 161 laps, that lap lead being the most important one of course and winning the the race from the lowest starting position.

I'm not a Ford person, I'm Holden all the way but so happy for young Chaz and Ford Performance Racing. Those drivers were doing Quali laps for the last 2 stints and that what i love to see, drivers putting everything on the line to win Bathurst, they were on the absolute limit and going over it on occasions. Man I feel so bad for Van Gisbergen, he was pumping in some great laps in the lead and looking good for the win then for that to happen in the pits is massively heart breaking. Just the look on his face said it all.

When the Mountain bites, it bites hard.
By Hammer278
They need to add Bathurst to F1....they really do. Australia to have 2 races, I don't care. I've seen so many great V8 clips on this track, this is just one of them!

[youtube]s2oFmZeguy8[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!