FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Hammer278
Just watched the race, the Yamaha is simply no match to win a race right now. Freakin Marquez made big errors and still won the race, while Lorenzo drove his ar$e off, never put a foot wrong and still came 2nd. Kinda boring, some good close calls but nothing breath taking. Glad Rossi showed on the podium.

I miss the good old days of Rossi, Biaggi, Barros (big fan), and co.
By Frontrunner
Also the Rossi v Gibernau in the early 00s was good viewing, even though Rossi had the edge over him on most occasions, that rivalry was great, they clearly had a dislike of each other. Something that current day Moto GP is missing at the moment IMO.

Anyway Marquez gets another win, that guy is clearly in a league of his own. He is going to be hard to stop not just this year but for maybe the next 5 years.
By Hammer278
Oh yes Sete Gibernau, I remembered the guy but his name eluded me when writing that post. Definitely, that guy was class as well. Good times. :)
By racechick
Rossi! Rossi! Rossi! Still got what it takes! Loved him showing Lorenzo the way home!
Rossi and Marquez are my favourites but I realised watching the race it's still Rossi for me. When Marquez went out I was a bit sad, but ore excited that Rossi was going so fast he pressured him into a rare mistake and then had the chance to win.
Rossi :cloud9: Love him!!
By oaba09
Well deserved win for lorenzo. Good decision making when the rain was pouring. Dont know what mark was thinking staying out like that..scary crash for rossi..thankfully, he seems ok....i hope yamaha can produce bikes that can match honda next season...i wanna see a battle between lorenzo, rossi, marquez, and pedrosa!
By racechick
Yes that would be sweet. I assumed it was Honda that made the call to stay out rather than the riders? Loved Cal beating all the other Ducati riders with upgraded bikes and getting a podium. Take that Ducati!!
By Frontrunner
Good to see Cal get a podium finish, He has had a rough season with Ducati but he's not the only rider to have it tough on the red bikes over the last few years.
By geetface9
Yes that would be sweet. I assumed it was Honda that made the call to stay out rather than the riders? Loved Cal beating all the other Ducati riders with upgraded bikes and getting a podium. Take that Ducati!!

No that's the riders' call. You could see the frustration among the guys in the honda pit with the wet bike ready and waiting when marquez didn't come in lap after lap. Purely Marquez' misjudgment.

I just tried finding footage of it on youtube, couldn't find any :( Moto GP is on point with keeping footage off of youtube, holy $#@!
By racechick
Ah, ok. They got that badly wrong then.
By Frontrunner
Dovi has put the Ducati on Pole at Motegi, it has been a long old time since that happen last, have to go back to the Stoner days in 2010.
By racechick
Win for Rossi!!!! YES!!!!!!
By racechick
Massive praise and respect for Rossi from Marquez and Lorenzo.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117185

See our F1 related articles too!