FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By CookinFlat6
Entirely Prosts fault. Ofcourse he should have slowed or braked or taken the escape road as soon as he saw Nick nearly alongside.

I don't understand the argument that Nick was too fast or wasn't gonna make the corner anyway, we don't know that, he placed his car well, his intent was clear and Prost should have backed off it was sloppy.

Even after that race I think it's clear this is the future of racing and once the speed etc rises there is no less fun here than a fossil fuel race. I like the gear change sounds as well
By Hammer278
I can't believe there's an argument here about who's fault it is. A driver goes for a manouvre, the guy about to lose out decides to defend his position by crashing into the other car.

Maybe he was "trying to prove a point".
By racechick
I agree with that Cookie. Nick was working up to that move, getting closer and closer and I think he'd have made it, he practically had done; you certainly can't say he definitely wouldn't have made it, he's an experienced driver and he'd taken that corner 25 times .

On the racing itself, I only caught the last five or so laps . It did sound funny but so did this years F1 until we got used to it, and now it gives us some of the best racing in years. The thing is, I think people associate noise with speed and when the sound is lacking the brain can't compute.
It was only the first race , let's give this a chance, I think it promises to be good.
By CookinFlat6
I can't believe there's an argument here about who's fault it is. A driver goes for a manouvre, the guy about to lose out decides to defend his position by crashing into the other car.

Maybe he was "trying to prove a point".

another Nico trying to prove a point to ex WDC daddy? :scratchchin:
By Jabberwocky
Well that is the 1st I have seen of Formula E. I like the look of the cars. They look a bit flimsy on impact.

As for the crash. For me that was all Prost ' s fault. He turned into Nick and it was not even on the racing line.

I Nick was steaming in then Prost should of gone for the switch back.

Sent using NCC-1701
By CookinFlat6
There was exciting racing, I truly feel this series has a big future and is already a big threat to F1. If it continues like this through the season, combine that with the street circuits in major cities, no hosting charges, the PR angle of electric cars, a couple of majors like Porsche, Toyota or Honda jumping in

F1 will be dust within a few years when the top speeds rise and battery life increases etc. How can a hybrid fossil fuel expensive corrupt pay to view deal compete with the leading edge technology completely relevant for street cars on street tracks in a City near you for free??

The acceleration and torque on these cars is already approaching F1 levels, the onboards of accelerating cars in close proximity was exhilarating. Maybe X1X can persuade Lewis to buy into a team - backed by Merc - that would flip it in no time
By Frontrunner
I watched the whole race on a replay, have to say that the Formation lap took forever, I know some cars took a while to get going but still did take a while for them to get round. Hopefully that will improve as they get to know the cars more.
By spankyham
F1 will be dust within a few years....

:rofl:
By CookinFlat6
Thanks for your contribution to the thread, even if a little on the lame side :thumbup:
By racechick
Well here is a detailed and well reasoned account of the first E race from someone who was there. Someone who sees the issues but also sees the potential. A good read.

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... lic-bread/
By spankyham
In retrospect I see this is the future. F1 will be history - in 3 years it will be all this. :rofl:

Moto GP probably wont even last 3 years - check out how advanced its replacement is:-

[youtube]vM9hGYpq0d0[/youtube]

DJ, Music and tents, just like a real Formula E. Time to break out forumulae.com
By CookinFlat6
Well here is a detailed and well reasoned account of the first E race from someone who was there. Someone who sees the issues but also sees the potential. A good read.

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... lic-bread/

Agreed Rc, a great read, I like this snippet

I couldn’t have been more wrong. What I saw today in Beijing got me massively excited for the future of our sport. Was it perfect? No. But was it racing? Was it wheel to wheel, was it gutsy, did I jump out of my seat shouting at the TV? To every question, a resounding YES. It surprised me. And I’m so glad it did.

as a wise man once said, those unable to change or to see the potential for change are truly unintelligent useless consumers of expensive oxygen

Its not even rocket science to see the potential in this - lets look at the facts - fossil fuel burning transportation WILL disappear in the near future, the most viable alternative for mass transportation at the moment appears to be electric powered. For anyone who has enough brain power to understand elementary science - if fossil fuels are getting very hard to mine plus they cause irrepairable damage to the eco system at present usage levels then somethings gotta give

And that something wont be an Internal combustion engine that runs on plentiful and renewable oil or that has no spark plugs :rofl:
By racechick
That's why I like Buxton's articles. He weighs up the evidence before wading in, he has first hand experience to draw on and he isn't afraid to say ' I wasn't right about that part' . He admits everything's not right, but this is the first race! How long has F1 had? And it still makes a balls up of its rules and regulations. Seems Formula E is already ahead on things like punishing a guy who ruins another's race...even when it's not deliberate!
Maybe not 3 years Spanky...but you're just being a silly billy with that comment aren't you. Progress happens and a lot of good ideas that become a part of society are laughed at initially.
By Hammer278
In retrospect I see this is the future. F1 will be history - in 3 years it will be all this. :rofl:

Moto GP probably wont even last 3 years - check out how advanced its replacement is:-

[youtube]vM9hGYpq0d0[/youtube]

DJ, Music and tents, just like a real Formula E. Time to break out forumulae.com

Tweaking the "old dog" adage slightly.....I guess one can't teach an expired mind new tricks...

Evolution cannot be stopped or fought against, criers will cry. Just because some outdated racing team was once good with V12s doesn't mean society has to remain backwards.

See our F1 related articles too!