FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By sagi58
Wish we got the weather to enable me to have a bbq stained T shirt.

We were in the mid-80s today; but, with over 60% humidity, it was horrible.
Couldn't wait to take a cold shower and get out of the BBQ weather!!
Retail therapy... I've spend the last three days or so shopping at various online vendors for bits and pieces for the restoration of my sweetness. About $3,500 bucks. But that includes every bit of rubber seal on the body, new front and rear valances since I want to change the "look" slightly to be a 911 Club Sport tribute. Basically a stripped out Carrera that Porsche sold for club racing. And new dashboard and headliner etc.

:cloud9:

And yeah, yeah, before anyone pipes in the their crap... the nicest beetle on the block. :D
I think the helmet markings that Bud dod would look good on the lower sides like the Carrera vinyl.

Sent using NCC-1701
Handed my car off to the kids at the local technical college... they tore into it and as it turns out, they do pretty damned fine work. Looking forward to getting it back as the end of the semester.

By sagi58
I brought them a dozen donuts and won't ever show up there empty handed. :hehe:

:clap: What a great win/win situation for both you and those students!!
Long live the barter system!! :thumbup:
As some of you might be aware, I've had some fairly nice cars in the past. So I thought it only right to post my current wheels...

Volvo S80.jpg

Volvo S80, 2.4D geartronic. Living the dream :yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Stephen
Am excited for you mate

Me too, hope you get a good result with it. I'm warming to Porsches in a big way - wish I'd bought one before all the prices here went bananas. :rolleyes:
By Stephen
Last May I was lucky enough to find an unusual car at a ridiculously low price - so I bought her!

Here she is, the first drive (back from Nottingham where we collected her):
IMG_1055.jpg

Expensive fill up...
IMG_1056.jpg

I actually hate white cars...
IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

Home at last:
IMG_1133.jpg

She's a Morgan Aero Supersports built in 2010 with a 4.8l V8 engine. The previous owner was used to cars which didn't rattle, leak or bark and was almost desperate to get rid (he had his eyes on a 458 Speciale) so I pounced!

If you're interested in knowing more have a look at these videos (of the Coupe which has no removable roof):

[youtube]mkeaRYrXwV8[/youtube]
[youtube]OR6lwpfte9Q[/youtube]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Damn, Stephen if you can afford cars like that; you really need to start paying us Greenjackets for our services.

See our F1 related articles too!