FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Yes that was a real shame for Kevin. When I saw the replay on the screen , it looked as though Massa came over on him.
Haha. From trailing Button in all practices an q1 and 2, he beats him still. They better keep hom :-)
Haha. From trailing Button in all practices an q1 and 2, he beats him still. They better keep hom :-)

He did indeed, and a very good showing. To be fair though, their times were virtually identical - it wasn't as if he beat him by half a second, or even a tenth of a second. So it was a good job by both drivers today.
Kevin managed to do what Lewis never did...outqualify Button at Monza. :yikes:

What kind of Familton are you? Thou must never speak ill of our lord. :hehe: Uphold the stereotype. Please.
Buttons excuse for Mags beating him in Q3, when it really counts was

The track was dirty, I.e. No grip :rofl:

Next year when Button is no longer on the grid, I'm going to personally remove every Button reference you make. :twisted:

Let's just hope he manages to get some decent points for his efforts this time :pray:

That is one surprising stat, Probably the one that comes to my mind first is 2010 when JB went for a high downforce wing setup along with McLaren's F-duct system, where as Lewis went with the standard skinny low downforce wing. That worked a treat for Jenson that day.

That is one surprising stat, Probably the one that comes to my mind first is 2010 when JB went for a high downforce wing setup along with McLaren's F-duct system, where as Lewis went with the standard skinny low downforce wing. That worked a treat for Jenson that day.

There's a story behind that, I'm surprised they haven't done the same thing during Jenson's contract negotiations. But then again it's not the same situation is it?
That's the second time in a row that Magnussen's driving has cost him points, and one wonders how it'll sit with the team, when next year's driver line-up has still to be decided. This time, the move that they say he got penalised for, which was for forcing Bottas off the circuit, is IMO not worthy of a penalty.

What Allan McNish later said however on the BBC, is that the late-sweeping moves in the braking zones were a heavy contributor to the end decision. They did indeed look erratic, and I feel he needs to show a little more maturity in the upcoming Grands Prix in order to safely secure himself a ride with McLaren for next season.
Doesn't take too much reading between the lines here to get the fact they think he's a keeper.

ESPNF1 McLaren has told Kevin Magnussen not to alter his approach to racing despite getting two penalties at the last two races.

Magnussen was given a 20-second penalty at Spa-Francorchamps for driving Fernando Alonso off the road and a five-second penalty at Monza for forcing Valtteri Bottas wide at Turn 1. Racing director Eric Boullier thinks the latest penalty was a bit harsh and is comfortable with his driver's approach.

"I think the Spa penalty was deserved to be honest, but I believe, obviously, not the one in Monza," he said. "He was unfortunate to be penalised, but we believe it was just a normal move and a legitimate defence.

"I don't think he will have to change his approach. I think Spa was a one off and Monza, for us, was unfortunate, let's say. I think he needs to keep building up his confidence by doing what he is doing."

Boullier believes Magnussen has been outperforming the McLaren at recent races.

"It is clear that he is stepping up. He is maybe punching above his weight because he doesn't have the car to be fast enough to chase the better results. But he is trying his best, and it is good for him, good for the fans and good for the show to see this young kid, this young rookie, fighting with the big boys. His self-confidence is massively growing and it is good for his race craft, which is only going to get better and better."

See our F1 related articles too!