FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

...and we're full circle to Dan likely would have had the number 3 next year.

Don't forget about the T-bar as well, Seb can have the pretty yellow one.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coming from Alonso and Hamilton, he's getting high praise indeed.
SKY F1 Former World Champions Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton have heaped praise on Daniel Ricciardo and tipped the Australian to remain one of their key rivals in the fight for honours at the front of the Formula 1 field over the forthcoming years.

Since arriving at World Champions Red Bull in place of countryman Mark Webber at the start of the season the 25-year-old Ricciardo has comfortably exceeded all expectations by not only outperforming his four-times title-winning team-mate Sebastian Vettel but also winning the first two grands prix of his career.

Ricciardo sits third in the Drivers’ Championship as a result of his immediate acclimatisation to life at F1’s top table and the two men he overtook in the closing stages at the Hungaroring last month to win the race, Alonso and Hamilton, have given their respective nods of approval.

Ferrari's Alonso, who also went wheel-to-wheel with Ricciardo at the previous race in Germany, when asked if he thought the former Toro Rosso driver had already firmly established himself, replied: “Yeah, definitely. I think he’s leading the champion team. That says all.

Daniel Ricciardo produced a sublime move to pass Lewis Hamilton and then Fernando Alonso in quick succession to win the Hungarian Grand Prix.

“He’s doing a fantastic job this year and now he had a few [champagne] bottles. In Hockenheim I had a very fresh tyre which probably allowed me to pass with some advantage but even with that it was not easy.

[In Hungary] I really didn’t have the tools to fight but I tried to do my best – but definitely, congratulations to him, for the whole championship and it’s going to be an interesting fight in the next couple of years.”

Mercedes counterpart Hamilton was similarly effusive in his praise of Ricciardo’s 2014 performances to date.

“Yeah, as Fernando said, he’s been driving fantastically well from the beginning of the year,” Hamilton said.

“So, it’s not only now, it’s through the whole year he’s shown his capability and is going from strength to strength. Not only one of the nicest guys in the paddock but also one of the best drivers here, for sure.”
"For sure" that statement really grips my s***. Massa is the worst for it.

When young drivers in lower formulae get interviewed too, and they start saying "for sure" all the time... honestly :yikes:
I played this game with my old man when Schumacher was driving, after every race which he podiumed (practically every race) we'd bet how many "honestlys" he'd say during the press conference. I mean the real press conference, not the junk podium interview we have today.
33 to 1 at the bookies to win the championship

When they showed the standings after the race, I was surprised that Ricciardo was as close to the lead on points as he was!
Imagine if he'd not had his Australia podium overturned? The fact he's as close on points to where he is underscored the difficulty Hamilton has had with reliability and Nico's antics.

Lewis 5 wins
Nico 4 wins
Danniel 3 wins

So when you look at it like that, it shows why he's not that far off.
All *ico has to do is pull another cheat move, lose pole somehow and Daniel will be level with a Mercedes driver on wins.

Which would point the blame directly towards the Mercedes (lack of) management. The car is fantastic, and they have a driver screwing sh*t up for 2 cars.
Out of curiousity who won it in 2007?
He deserves it

...also worthy of note...

The youngster from Perth was also surprised with a medal and parcel of specially baked cakes from Ridolfo Basilio - the mayor of Ficarra, the Sicilian village from which his grandparents and dad emigrated.

See our F1 related articles too!