FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
From Wiki:-

Requirements[edit]
To qualify for an FIA Super Licence the requesting driver must already be the holder of a Grade A competition licence, and additionally meet the requirements of the 2013 FIA International Sporting Code, Appendix L.[1][2] These requirements state that the driver must be either the reigning champion in a lower category of motor sport, for example Formula 3 (British, Italian or Japanese championship, or Euro Series), Formula 2, or GP2 Series (formerly known as Formula 3000), or must have consistently finished well in these categories. For example, a driver finishing in the first three positions five times within the last two years in GP2 will be eligible for a Super Licence.

Additionally, drivers who have competed in the IndyCar Series are eligible for a Super Licence if they finished within the first four places of the driver's championship. This allows drivers from the United States domestic series to move into Formula One without first taking part in other FIA sanctioned events. Under exceptional circumstances Appendix L also allows the FIA to award a Super Licence to a driver who does not meet the normal criteria if a vote reveals unanimous agreement by the members, and provided that the driver has completed 300 kilometers of testing at racing speeds in a current car.
By LiamCatterson
17 years old and gets a race seat for next year? What the hell like I don't doubt his driving talents one bit but I think Max should at least wait til 2016 or 2017 til he gets a drive. He is 17 years old and I feel this is going to kick him where it hurts in Australia 2015...
By CookinFlat6
RBR beat off some competition to sign him, and a big part of that is likely to be guaranteeing him quicker route to a grid spot than Merc. And RBR are probably feeling very cocky at the moment about their 'academy', probably chocking with laughter at Kimi at Ferrari on 20 mill when they promoted Danny Ricc for 1 mill.
So now they can show how smart they are. Its not the first time we have seen bizarre and ruthless things from Barko and co, chopping Algeusauri who didnt do worse than JEV

And his old man Jos was always a pushy irritating bully anyways
By racechick
I mentioned him joining the RBR programme in the 'sons of drivers' thread. I didn't realise then he'd actually got a drive though :yikes: so he's 16 and he's actually got an F1 drive? Has he? :yikes::yikes::yikes:
By Jabberwocky
At least they will not have to change the graphics. VER is replaced by VER

Sent using NCC-1701
By geetface9
seems so young............................................................$#@! it i'm just jealous I guess. was worried about a stupid $#@!*^& history exam or something else at 17. What a waste.
By Hammer278
seems so young............................................................$#@! it i'm just jealous I guess. was worried about a stupid $#@!*^& history exam or something else at 17. What a waste.

My thoughts exactly.

:bs: No ones beaten me in any racing games/go kart heats so far. I deserve a shot at F1.

(Some sarcasm intended)

See our F1 related articles too!