FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
She couldn't have done any worse for Williams this weekend than Massa.
By Roth
So Nico, son to Keke, ex WDC and team owner, how did you get into F1? It must have been hard with all those rich kids snapping up seats.

Your talent must be an illusion

This isn't me caring how she got the seat - what do i care who drives a williams friday morning - or that such a route into F1 doesn't exist; it's the notion that she has been denied by boy racers with money and power when she got there through her husband's money and power. We're rubbishing pay drivers because it suits the argument that poor Susie was denied a seat by the boys' club. This isn't a glass ceiling scenario, this is she hasn't even the vaguest track record to justify a seat on skill alone, only by political pull.
By Hammer278
You're trying to say she doesn't deserve a race seat in Formula 1 because of her racing background and that's fair. But so far out of all the women out there (there are many trying hard) she's the one in the most prime seat closest to a race seat. Doesn't matter by politics or what, she's currently the best out there and seems closest to getting a race seat right about now.

And I hope you don't bring up the swimsuit model in Nascar, she did jack before getting that seat and still doing jack to date. And jack isn't a person btw. :D
By darwin dali
You're trying to say she doesn't deserve a race seat in Formula 1 because of her racing background and that's fair. But so far out of all the women out there (there are many trying hard) she's the one in the most prime seat closest to a race seat. Doesn't matter by politics or what, she's currently the best out there and seems closest to getting a race seat right about now.

And I hope you don't bring up the swimsuit model in Nascar, she did jack before getting that seat and still doing jack to date. And jack isn't a person btw. :D

In February 2014, Formula One team Sauber announced that Simona de Silvestro would join the team as an "affiliated driver" and would undergo a year-long training programme with the team, with the ultimate objective of racing in 2015. De Silvestro began testing with the team at the end of April 2014 at Fiorano Circuit. She had her first drive in the 2012 Sauber on April 26, and completed 112 laps during the test.
By LRW
..... We're rubbishing pay drivers because it suits the argument that poor Susie was denied a seat by the boys' club. .....

I dont recall anyone pitying Suzi, or saying other drivers have stopped her getting a seat. We are just celebrating the fact she has been given an opportunity (through connections), and she has taken that opportunity and shown that she is capable of playing with the big boys.
Last edited by LRW on 21 Jul 14, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
By What's Burning?
An argument not involving Hamilton... how refreshing. :cloud9:
By Hammer278

In February 2014, Formula One team Sauber announced that Simona de Silvestro would join the team as an "affiliated driver" and would undergo a year-long training programme with the team, with the ultimate objective of racing in 2015. De Silvestro began testing with the team at the end of April 2014 at Fiorano Circuit. She had her first drive in the 2012 Sauber on April 26, and completed 112 laps during the test.

Okay ,she's in the frame too. But I'd rather be in Suzie's place (not the married to Toto part)....driving for a pretty tough 'comeback' team when they kick Massa out end of this year.
By racechick
And Simona, though not even yet in F1, is listed in some lists in the top 50 of most marketable sports people. I came across that fact when we were talking about most marketable current drivers.
By geetface9

Hey they did point out Jann looks like hamilton :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
By racechick

And that's an argument how exactly?
By geetface9

And that's an argument how exactly?

I'm just messing with you guys :D
By LRW
Seems she was a second or so off the pace. Anyone have times for other test drivers to compare?

Where?
By racechick
Seems she was a second or so off the pace. Anyone have times for other test drivers to compare?

Where?

Think he means the Silverstone young drivers test. She came 23rd out of 33. But it kind of depends what was being tested. If you remember it wasn't a young drivers test in the end ,It was open to all regular drivers except the Merc drivers. She beat regular drivers, Chilton, Bianchi, Pic, Kvyat, Van Der Garde amongst others.

http://m.crash.net/f1/results/193676/1/ ... bined.html

See our F1 related articles too!