FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By RyRy
Roth, you really are dated in your attitude.

Ouch :o

But yeah, she's proved she's fast and capable of matching the guys.

Sent from my Nexus 4
By Roth
Roth, you really are dated in your attitude.

You're a little lost without smilies, aren't you.
By Hammer278
Nice try for a cover up. Really nice try. :thumbup:
By racechick
So is Bottas giving up his Friday P1 for her? Is that by choice, or was it like, Scoot over Big V, give the little lady a go.

What next, she gets to spray winnners' champagne because it looks a hoot?

Or bigger mirrors to do her make-up?

It's a slippery slope i tell you.

The little lady is there on merit and proved that on Friday. Does she have to be better than the regular drivers to get any credit? She never drives the car and was within two tenths of Massa. Time to stop the lipstick and mirrors talk.
And on champagne , she's sprayed plenty in her time. In fact it was Lewis who showed her how to do it when she first got on the podium.
By Roth
Merit? Have you seen her racing record?

And we're counting FP1 times as indicative of something now?

As much as my comments were tongue in cheek, there's the plain fact that Wolff is not up to F1 standard.

There's a point where solidarity should give way to reality.
By racechick
Merit? Have you seen her racing record?

And we're counting FP1 times as indicative of something now?

As much as my comments were tongue in cheek, there's the plain fact that Wolff is not up to F1 standard.

There's a point where solidarity should give way to reality.

Maybe they ought to kick out Felipe Mass too then and Pastor, and a whole pile of other drivers. Yes I've seen her records. Have you seen how many guys pay to get into f1?
There's a point where sexism should give way to reality.
By Roth
PM was GP2 champ and has won a GP, Massa came within gnats nut of being WC, and gave MS a test in their seaon together. And whilst the current grid may not be the best 22 drivers in the world, just because you are a pay driver doesn't mean they aren't better than Wolff. At 30 something she's achieved nothing of any note in any formula she's participated in. Of many F1 outcasts of the last decade many have proven themsleves in lower formula both before and after.

So whilst we all pat ourselves on the back at being so progressive and slightly patronising and not being all weird about a woman in F1 let's atleast celebrate a woman who has shown she can be successful.
By racechick
I know what Massa has achieved, which is why Suzie, who never gets the car was highly impressive to get within two tenths.
I also know what Paster achieved outside F1. Hasn't translated too well has it.

Have you heard of Jann Mardenborough? He just won the GP3 race at Hokenheim. Have you seen his racing record? He's been racing barely two years. He won a competition against 90000 people on play stations and was taken and trained to race based on his instincts on the play station. You see opportunities little rich boys have been given to race through the formulas on daddy's money aren't the only ways of getting in F1. Suzie hasn't had the same opportunities but Jann shows it's not ALL about previous form.

If you haven't heard of Jann, he's one to watch. One of my stars of future F1 for sure!

I know Suzies too old to start a serious F1 career but she's too good to belittle with sexist talk. Whist she's too old to challenge at the top level she could likely do solid job for a smaller team.
By CookinFlat6
Is Jann the one that looks like Lewis? I saw a brilliant documentary some time ago about him, great to see he has won the gp3

How can we conclude Wolfe isn't good enough for F1? She has posted competitive times, fp or not. Anyway we all know F1 isn't about pure speed anymore, she could turn out to be a great strategist, or a great cruise and collecter
I would put her in Massas seat straightaway and see if being female actually conveys some kind of on track benefit like an ability to hang back button style, jump out of the way of others at the start and cruise and collect minor points consistently

That would be better for the team than Massas lameness or should that be maleness :hehe:
By racechick
Yes. Jann is the one that looks like Lewis.
By LRW
Suzi also posted reasonable times in last years young drivers test.

Her record may not be great in DTM, or the other formulas she has raced, but that doesn't necessarily mean jack. Plenty of drivers who have done great in lower formula do crap in F1.

Her performance against other F1 drivers, who have years of experience, who 'almost' won a WDC for 9 seconds, in the same machinery, I think actually speaks volumes.
By Roth
So Susie, wife to Toto Wolff, executive director of Merc F1 and shareholder in Williams, how did you get into F1? It must have been hard with all those rich kids snapping up seats.

You can't have it both ways.
By CookinFlat6
So Nico, son to Keke, ex WDC and team owner, how did you get into F1? It must have been hard with all those rich kids snapping up seats.

Your talent must be an illusion
By LRW
So Susie, wife to Toto Wolff, executive director of Merc F1 and shareholder in Williams, how did you get into F1? It must have been hard with all those rich kids snapping up seats.

You can't have it both ways.

Im not denying her connections would of helped to make people aware of her. Nothing wrong with that. I can guarantee she would not GET a seat because she is married to Toto. She will get a seat because she is a driver who has proven she can drive an F1 car at a competitive lap time.

See our F1 related articles too!