FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Looking back at some predictions:

, Peter Windsor wrote:">Lotus - Grosjean vs Maldonado

[youtube]/uTm5LGzwHBA[/youtube]

Published on Mar 7, 2014

Peter Windsor and Rob Wilson take a look at the Lotus 2014 pairing of Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado. Who's number 1? Will they be able to work with the team to get the car back on track, or will the finger pointing and blame games begin if the car isn't up to scratch?
By Jabberwocky
Apparently the will use the Mercedes engine next year.

Sent using NCC-1701
By geetface9
NICE!! Looking forward to seeing maldonado on podium consistently
By LewEngBridewell

That's if the other engine manufacturers haven't caught up properly by then :twisted:
By geetface9

That's if the other engine manufacturers haven't caught up properly by then :twisted:

nah he'll be fine :P:P:P
By Hammer278

They going to put the podiums between the track and barriers? :P
By LewEngBridewell
Lotus have confirmed that Pastor Maldonado will remain with them for 2015.

"I don't want to give too much away, but as it's halfway through the season I can confirm 50 per cent of our driver line-up for 2015, as Pastor is with us for next year," said Lopez. "Despite the difficulties we've had so far this season, he recognises our true potential as a team and we recognise his true potential as a driver. We will achieve great things together."

Things are a little more uncertain for Romain Grosjean, who must be desperate to jump to a better-performing team:

"Romain is well aware of the prowess of Enstone after having finished on the podium for the past two years in one of our cars."

Grosjean has refused to be drawn on his future, with his strong performances in the second half of last season and in twice scoring points in a difficult Lotus this year drawing attention from rival outfits. But Lopez has previously admitted that he could face a battle to retain its star driver.

"I don't know," Grosjean said when asked after qualifying for the German Grand Prix if he would remain with the team in 2015. "My plan is to try to win races with a team that can give me a car to win races. The future is open. Of course, there may be changes here that will certainly help the performance, but it's not yet enough to win races."
By What's Burning?
GTFO of there Grossjean, you deserve better.
By geetface9
Grosjean maybe switch to the bad mclaren? Gonna be stuck in the same situation when honda can't get their sh1t together in 2015 while maldonado racks up the podiums :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
By Jabberwocky
I think what Lopez meant was Pastor pays the bills

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
while maldonado racks up the podiums

By crashing into them?
By Frontrunner
How much money does Maldonado and PDVSA have, He's probably the only pay driver that has gone in to his 5th year in the sport.

See our F1 related articles too!