FORUMula1.com

F1 and Motorsport Forums

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
User avatar
By scotty
#39680
Jean Alesi qualifying at Adelaide... The V12 in the back of his Ferrari sounds utterly glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLFTqF9U ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone else found any good clips of F1 engines sounding their best?
User avatar
By texasmr2
#39701
God I luv that video and I know I have that qualifying session on tape somewhere, thank's dude I mean mate :lol: that sure take's me back.
User avatar
By texasmr2
#40870
Rivelution wrote:This is my favorite video hands down. It is Johnny Dumfries in a Lotus turbo in 1986. Its not so much the sound of the car why I like the video, but how good he is at heel-and-toe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03VUI6jFknY
That is also one of my favorite's I must have watched that video 100 time's but now it's time to digout the tape of the race and rewatch it :D !
User avatar
By millfish222
#40877
Argh !! just sold the video player that annoyed me. I had a tape of 1994 Grand Prix season, and I will have to go to my dads and watch it :)
User avatar
By 7UpJordan
#40915
Rivelution wrote:This is my favorite video hands down. It is Johnny Dumfries in a Lotus turbo in 1986. Its not so much the sound of the car why I like the video, but how good he is at heel-and-toe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03VUI6jFknY
It also demonstrates how much hard work it is to drive an F1 car and why you would probably get thrashed by Dumfries in a Go-Kart race, even though he was no threat to Senna that year. Also in that video you see a car parked at the end of the pitlane just at the side of the track and dangerously close to oncoming cars. Today that would bring out the safety car, back then, just a yellow flag.

I really miss V12 engines, listening to their powerful shrieks, and also the roar of the V10 engines.
User avatar
By Forti_Corse
#40982
why did i know itd be this video??? LOL
excellent choice, i would have heard this car live back in its day most probably.

slow car but had a great sound
By Mikep99
#45207
Rivelution wrote:Hey Mike, I think you'll like this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFlaNJALet4
Yeh sure do thats one great commercial. 8)
User avatar
By McLaren Fan
#45292
scotty wrote:Jean Alesi qualifying at Adelaide... The V12 in the back of his Ferrari sounds utterly glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLFTqF9U ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone else found any good clips of F1 engines sounding their best?
Sounds great. The good ole days, now gone. :(

    McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]

    Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]

    Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]

    Max Verstappen 33 Support

    No chance with this year's Red Bull car (and […]

    Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!