FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By Rufusbear
I'm going to the German GP in July, anyone know where you pick the tickets up from (having bought through F1.com site). Also best time to arrive and what else happens before the 2pm race.
By LewEngBridewell
You will probably receive information about where to collect tickets from, prior to the event.

It would be best to arrive well before 2pm, as the queues will be very large, and there is plenty to do before the race. The will be food/merchandise stalls to visit, but also plenty of support races for sports cars and GP2/3, etc.

When I went to the British GP back in 2011, I was advised to get up at 5am! And, given the magnitude of the queuing, it was a sound idea.

:wink:
By Rufusbear
Thanks. I'll set the alarm clock. I think the road access is better around Hockenheim than Silverstone but I want to soak up the whole day's events
By racechick
I'm going go the German Gp too!! :D:D
By racechick
I'm not sure :rofl: . My sister has booked it all and she knows nothing much about F1 so took the advice of the guy. It's in the slower part of the track so more chance of seeing the cars . I'll suss it out( after next week, I'm away next week) and let you know. :D
By Rufusbear
We're in grandstand F just near the entrance to the pits and the finishing line at the start of the main straight. Should be a good spot.
By Rufusbear
We're actually stopping at the GP en route during a gentle drive with the roof down to Croatia and back. Off in 3 weeks. Very excited!
By racechick
We're flying over for the weekend. So not as leisurely as your trip. We're staying at a hotel about 20 mins from the track.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
By geetface9
Regarding your question on how early you should get there...I'd be at the gates when they open in the morning. When I went to the US GP last year, the gates opened at 8:30am and turn 1 general admission area was already almost full by 9am. Don't worry, the race start will come quicker than you think with all the on-track support events as well as the drivers parade. It won't be boring!
By racechick
My tickets are innentribune A zone6 . Ive looked on the map and they look good, on the inside of the track in the stadium section. If anyone's been, is that a good place? getting excited about it now!!!!!
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!