FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Sorry? did you just say BAGS???

And Jugs?

Wait a minute, just looked up milk jugs and that's what we've got but i never heard them called jugs before.

Never seen a bag of milk before that vid either.
DUDE IN THE FIRST VIDEO WAS RIGHT: IT JUST BLEW MY MIND THAT MILK IN CANADA COMES IN BAGS AS A OPPOSED TO JUGS WHAT THE $#@! ????????????????????????? LOL

That's cause you live in the Kentuky of the west... :whip: here in PA, the dairy producers to Hershey chocolate, I can go into a store and buy a milk bag.

More mind blowing geet, there are special milk bag pitchers with little doohickeys at the top by the spout to help seal the bag when not in use.
DUDE IN THE FIRST VIDEO WAS RIGHT: IT JUST BLEW MY MIND THAT MILK IN CANADA COMES IN BAGS AS A OPPOSED TO JUGS WHAT THE $#@! ????????????????????????? LOL

That's cause you live in the Kentuky of the west... :whip: here in PA, the dairy producers to Hershey chocolate, I can go into a store and buy a milk bag.

More mind blowing geet, there are special milk bag pitchers with little doohickeys at the top by the spout to help seal the bag when not in use.

Seriously milk comes in bags...wtf
They tried milk bags in the UK for a while, about 3-4 years ago. You had to buy special jugs to put the bags in. The trouble was that the milk in the bags cost more than it did in the usual carton.

Sent using NCC-1701
Oh I know there's idiots everywhere, I was meaning in positions of authority and using such levels of idiocy to influence their actions and decisions

By chance, have you heard of Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford? :twisted:
Bags of Milk
One of the first things that a visitor to Canada will notice in the home of most families is the liters of milk that is bought in plastic bags. This packing was adopted to reduce waste and to reduce the resources needed to ship the product but in the end the cultural eccentricity that this embodies is defining. A quiet design icon.

Once you take one of the three bags out, you put it in one of these:

And, then you snip it with one of these:

Voila:

p.s. apologies for the out-of-proportion pictures!
seems like a hassle :hehe:

A lot messier, requires washing the jug out, easier to have spillages or leaks, milk will have less life once opened (fractionally), requires more work to actually get to you're milk, requires you to refill...

He sure has put me off Canada for life.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
it has saved Canadians ten billion dollars, twenty trillion tons of waste and fifty thousand hectares of landfill space since its inception. no wonder they don't do it in the US.
But it's dumb, there could be much better ways than bags...

Also in the UK since like 2005 the UK has recycled like 99% of milk bottles and something like 80% of milk-cartons which isn't too far behind Canada in this respect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

See our F1 related articles too!