FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I understand that it's about perspective and that we need something compare;
however, I find that there are a lot of negative comments, criticisms and general
denigration of his accomplishments, just because Vettel isn't a favourite driver.

Put it this way, if your particular favourite driver had 4 WDC titles to his name,
would you want to hear about how easy he had it, or how he had a better car, or
how the team played favourites, or how he was gifted wins by questionable calls?

Probably not! :wink:
By Roth
six of one, half dozen of the other.

Like Rosberg we only saw him as a benchmark for his teammate. Now we have to define him in his own terms. He doesn't want simply to be the man who beat four-time champion Vettel. This could be the starting point of something great, and if it's not, he'll only ever be a benchmark - just a way for places like this to rank drivers, like Webber ended up. His relationship to Vettel should be secondary, and hopefully it will become that.
Some of us take our "favourite" sport just one step too far, eh? :wink:

Well, I'm writing this from my racing car bed, but yep.

Watch how you handle that stick shift!! :rofl:
It's a double so mrs roth handles the gear changes.

How often does she do the gear changes?

:groucho:
If the season ends pretty much the way I think it will, next season Daniel Ricciardo would have been number 3 under the old car number system.
If the season ends pretty much the way I think it will, next season Daniel Ricciardo would have been number 3 under the old car number system.

I know most ppl would disagree with this but I did preferred that old number system.
I don't care one way or another. Where it does stand head and shoulders above the old system is when you get the steward incident investigation messages.

I know most ppl would disagree with this but I did preferred that old number system.

I don't really mind tbh... the WDC still gets a number 1 if he wants one, whilst no-one really paid much attention to the rest :shrug:
I just liked that old system as it reminds me how those cars/teams were in the constructors the year before.
And also the fact that the number 2 will never be used again probably :hehe: either Lewis or Nico would've had that on their car next year.

See our F1 related articles too!