FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix 2014

Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo took his first Grand Prix victory and Red Bull’s first win of the 2014 season at Le Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Canada. On a personal level, I am so happy to see Daniel claim his maiden F1 victory, it genuinely couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy, I actually found myself punching the air in celebration when he made the overtake on Nico Rosberg, well done Dan!

Continue Reading...
Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix 2014

F1 has made a return to Austria after a 11 year absence and despite being renamed the Red Bull ring; it was not a good weekend for the team it was named after. Mercedes took another 1-2 with Nico Rosberg coming out on top for the third consecutive race. But I think Lewis Hamilton will settle for second, starting from ninth after having his qualifying lap taken away for exceeding track limits.

Continue Reading...
Formula 1 British Grand Prix 2014

Saturday’s bizarre rain hit qualifying session saw both Ferrari’s and both Williams get knocked out in Q1. The session also threw another surprise as Lewis Hamilton aborted his final lap thinking it was too wet for anyone to beat his provisional pole time found himself down in sixth place because the final sector had dried enough for five drivers to jump ahead of him. Which included team mate Nico Rosberg who took pole position ahead of Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel and McLaren’s Jenson Button.

Continue Reading...
A great read as always! :)

Thanks, although I never think my writing is that great...

Definitely a good read!! Have a little faith, sir!! :thumbup:

Thanks, although I don't write for anyone else, I write because I enjoy writing, not to say that people appreciating my writing doesn't make me feel good! :D
Formula 1 German Grand Prix 2014

Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg cruised to an easy victory ahead of Williams’ Valteri Bottas and Mercedes’ team mate Lewis Hamilton at the German Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring this afternoon.

The race got off to bad start for Felipe Massa who turned in on McLaren’s Kevin Magnussen in turn one and was flipped over while Magnussen dropped to the back; it was 100% Massa’s fault; he should have given the McLaren driver more room. This incident brought out the safety car; which thankfully was only out for two laps with the race resuming on lap 3. The big winners of the start was Jenson Button who jumped from 11th to sixth place while Hamilton jumped from 20th to 14th place. The big loser was Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo who had to go way off track to avoid the first corner incident and found himself drop into the lower midfield when he rejoined the track.

Continue Reading...
Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2014

Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo pushed his four time and current World champion team mate Vettel even further into the shade as he took his second victory of the year at Hungaroring running a three stop strategy. The Aussie had fresher tyres in the closing laps allowing him to overtake Hamilton and Alonso in the final four laps, including driving clean around the outside Hamilton at turn two.

Continue Reading...
:rofl: yes he was in it! he actually started ahead of Hamilton, not along side of him. But even though he was on the same poor tire call that Button was on, he still managed to pick up 9 positions and finish 11 seconds behind his teammate. Given the pit lane delta and the net time on the inters I figured they both would have finished ~25 seconds up the road.
:rofl: yes he was in it! he actually started ahead of Hamilton, not along side of him. But even though he was on the same poor tire call that Button was on, he still managed to pick up 9 positions and finish 11 seconds behind his teammate. Given the pit lane delta and the net time on the inters I figured they both would have finished ~25 seconds up the road.

Magnussen stayed out on Inters, unlike Button who pitted for fresh inters under the SC, and then had to pit again for slicks on the same lap as Magnussen, which explains why Magnussen made up more ground than Button! See tyre strategies: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/07/27/2 ... pit-stops/

See our F1 related articles too!