FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By Jabberwocky
Toto believes there will always be a wet weather race if F1 went back there.

Sent using NCC-1701
By stonemonkey
Toto says relax

Sent using NCC-1701

[youtube]w2FJTnK4yEo[/youtube]
By racechick
just spitting jelousy( a very bad trait I know) Antonela( the girl who went to see the Mercedes car at the factory) has been outside the Merc garage with the team showing her flag. She's actually really nice......but sometimes I hate her!
anyway. I've bought the champagne and the wine and all sorts of nice food and made the brownies and chocolate cake. Got to stuff the mushrooms today. And do the monkfish with Parma ham/prawn and scallop brochettes and then pack. And make the flag, and customise the outfit . EEEKS!
By spankyham
And do the monkfish with Parma ham/prawn and scallop brochettes ..EEEKS!

Post a piccy of the fish dish once done

.... and you still owe me a fun-bags shot over in the "Your first TV star/celebrity......... " thread
By What's Burning?
just spitting jelousy( a very bad trait I know) Antonela( the girl who went to see the Mercedes car at the factory) has been outside the Merc garage with the team showing her flag. She's actually really nice......but sometimes I hate her!
anyway. I've bought the champagne and the wine and all sorts of nice food and made the brownies and chocolate cake. Got to stuff the mushrooms today. And do the monkfish with Parma ham/prawn and scallop brochettes and then pack. And make the flag, and customise the outfit . EEEKS!

Serrano ham is the way to go. I'll forgive you this once.
By spankyham

RC got it right the first time :hehe:
By racechick
Well I'm making the brochettes here, then they'll be bbq'ed at Silverstone, so I'll send a picture of each. :)
By What's Burning?

if you like an obscene amount of salt. want to discuss olive oil next? :twisted:
By spankyham

if you like an obscene amount of salt. want to discuss olive oil next? :twisted:

I think you got it 4rse-about there mate.....

"Serrano ham is cured for longer – some serrano hams are cured for up to 18 or even 24 months, whilst for the Italian or French hams it’s much more common for the period to be 10-12 months. These curing times have an effect on taste and texture. Parma ham is known for it’s smooth, lightly-salted taste"

>>Source<<.
By spankyham
... want to discuss olive oil next? :twisted:

Are we talking wearing, eating or both :whip::twisted:
By What's Burning?

I think you got it 4rse-about there mate.....

"Serrano ham is cured for longer – some serrano hams are cured for up to 18 or even 24 months, whilst for the Italian or French hams it’s much more common for the period to be 10-12 months. These curing times have an effect on taste and texture. Parma ham is known for it’s smooth, lightly-salted taste"

>>Source<<.

Dios mio! It's just cured ham plain and unadulterated by lard or who know what else is used during the process of Parma curing. Just the sweet sweet mountain air to cure the most delicate acorn fed hams descended from wild boars instead of farm pigs. I won't question your commitment, and I'm sure it tastes good to you. BTW olive oil is a good lubricant. :wink:
By spankyham
... delicate acorn fed hams .... :wink:

So it gets down to we all like nuts (DD will be pleased about that), you go for the little "delicate acorns" whilst mine are more the "copious chestnut" type. Which probably explains why RC instinctively went for Parma :hehe:

As for olive oil being a good lubricant ...... any pictures you'd like to share?
By racechick
:yikes: don't think I dare post pictures of my ham now!
By What's Burning?

Your ham brings all the boys to the yard.
By darwin dali

Your ham brings all the boys to the yard.

And maybe some girls...

See our F1 related articles too!