FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By Jabberwocky
Nice. If I go to the US GP this year I think I might bring flags too. I want something that incorporates Nico into the letters of 2014 World Drivers' Champion.

You can always go for cHAMpion.

Maybe something like NICOle has F**ked Lewis this year.
By LiamCatterson
Nice. If I go to the US GP this year I think I might bring flags too. I want something that incorporates Nico into the letters of 2014 World Drivers' Champion.

You can always go for cHAMpion.

LOOOOL :hehe:
By racechick
I want him looking at me!!! Not the flag! The flag is just to catch his initial attention.

Jab. That's a def possibility! How do you think it would go down in. Germany two weeks later :twisted:
By geetface9
Oh Geet!! that's pretty good! like it. Best one so far! You clearly have hidden depths!

Very hidden!

Or he has read WB's signature

Stealin' ma thunda! :gonnagetit: Well...I stole it from WB obviously so... :censored: it :drink::hehe:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
By racechick
Oh Geet!! that's pretty good! like it. Best one so far! You clearly have hidden depths!

Very hidden!

Or he has read WB's signature

Stealin' ma thunda! :gonnagetit: Well...I stole it from WB obviously so... :censored: it :drink::hehe:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh you cheat Geet!! now I see why you've suddenly become a Rosberg supporter!!!!
By darwin dali
OMYGOD!! this time text week. I'll be at Dilverstone :clap::clap::clap:

Dilverstone - yeah baby!
By sagi58

Maybe some very creative forum member will take that
and make the banjos look like the Mercedes drivers? :thumbup:
By avstu
What is the best time to get to the track on race day? I have been told by some that it is crazy track wise while others have said its not as bad as others make out. If that makes sense!

I am parking at Sixfields then using the Park & Ride to the track!
By racechick
High avstu :wavey: I'd get there early as poss, especially if you're general entry, grandstands see at not quite so bad but you don't want to get stuck in traffic. There's lots of exciting things to do round the track so maximise your time there. I can give better info on what you should take if I know whether you're grandstand or general entry. You might also like to browse through some of the previous years Silverstone topics, they could be informative.
You're gonna have a SUPERB TIME!! Silverstone rocks!
By avstu
High avstu :wavey: I'd get there early as poss, especially if you're general entry, grandstands see at not quite so bad but you don't want to get stuck in traffic. There's lots of exciting things to do round the track so maximise your time there. I can give better info on what you should take if I know whether you're grandstand or general entry. You might also like to browse through some of the previous years Silverstone topics, they could be informative.
You're gonna have a SUPERB TIME!! Silverstone rocks!

When you say early? Whats early? 8-9am? Aim for opening time?

I have general entry although I did pay for the center passes recently also.

I didn't want to restrict myself to just the grandstand on my first visit as I wanted to experience all aspects to it.

I was looking at buying myself a Mercedes/Hamilton shirt of some sort also - can you recommend a good merchandise website or am I better of just ordering from the official sites?
By racechick
I'd get it at the track, loads of stalls round the track. Bit late to order it now for next week. The prices are the same .
I've only been in centre entry once years ago because it's not been possible for many years. If they've limited centre passes you may find it's not too bad. Have a place in mind that you want to watch from and aim straight for it. If there's more than one if you , one can save the places while the other look round to see if there's anything better. Take a camping chair and a radio with earphones( you can get radio Silverstone to check on what's happening. You may want to take food thought there are plenty of different outleta round the track and I guess there'll be some on the insideof the circuit too( not sure about that).
Take comfy shoes, waterproofs , sunscreen and layers of clothes, it can be freezing and boiling all in one day at Silverstone.

To be honest I'd aim for 6 or 7 a.m. on race day, I wouldn't leave it later. I get there about 7 on quali even with a grandstand ticket because my grandstand seat is a roving one on the sat so the good seats fill early.
By racechick
Ps if you do want to risk ordering kit, Grand Prix legends is a good site so is the Mercdes official site.

See our F1 related articles too!