FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I would think that a contract would have been signed so I guess that PDVSA will have to pay up until the end of the contract period, when Maldonado goes... and he will... I won't miss him one bit!
Looks like Maldonado is on the way out. No more. Venezuelan money for Motorsport.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28044.htm ... prixdotcom

Well I am sure Maldonardo will be able to run him over if he sees him on the street.

On a more serious note, where does this leave Lotus? have they been paid for this year?

That PDVSA money has a stipulation attached that it was to be used for this year's budget/car and not to pay last year's debts.
I know that. I am on about will the money stop now. Has lotus been paid for this year, or will Maldonardo be out of the door post Monaco.

Sent using NCC-1701
There is a 100% chance of Maldonado crashing out of Monaco this weekend. This being a support thread, I support the reason he gives for putting it into the wall this time.

I wonder if it will be even more spectacular than last year?

In three years, Pastor has never finished the Monaco GP, every time he's crashed out.....
Lotus might as well save themselves some money and have a "mechanical failure" before the start so he doesn't make the grid.
Pastor Maldonado seems to have a good attitude about what lotus can do this year based on reading his interivew on the formula 1 website. I'm looking forward to him stomping grosjean once they get that car straightened out!!
Pastor Maldonado seems to have a good attitude about what lotus can do this year based on reading his interivew on the formula 1 website. I'm looking forward to him stomping grosjean once they get that car straightened out!!

Interesting you say that, because both Maldonado and Grosjean possess CLEAR outright speed. Both of them, can be very, very fast. The pair have also suffered from high profile collisions and moments of carelessness. It's just that Grosjean seems to have reigned this in nowadays, much more so than Pastor.

As such, at this present time, Romain (for me) is the more complete driver.

Interesting you say that, because both Maldonado and Grosjean possess CLEAR outright speed. Both of them, can be very, very fast. The pair have also suffered from high profile collisions and moments of carelessness. It's just that Grosjean seems to have reigned this in nowadays, much more so than Pastor.

As such, at this present time, Romain (for me) is the more complete driver.

Very understandable. I'm hoping that lotus can do for pastor what they did for romain, i.e. teach him to reign that talent in away from the side of recklessness. I think they should definitely keep their lineup for next year regardless of results and whatever sponsorship pastor brings. I say that because A) he had a pretty silly weekend in china which I'm sure the team frowned upon highly, B) I've heard he may lose that PDVSA money with the political changes in venezuela. They both have speed and imagine if they reigned pastor in like they did with grosjean, they would arguably have the 2nd or 3rd most talented team of drivers in terms of raw speed. If lotus can give them a good car and keep mentoring pastor I don't think they'll regret it one bit at the end of 2015.
By LRW
..... I'm hoping that lotus can do for pastor what they did for romain, i.e. teach him to reign that talent in away from the side of recklessness. ......

The problem is, from what I have read, it was Eric Bouiller that was the driving force behind Romains turn around. So unless Pastor is making a move to McLaren this winter.....

Oh hang on. Maybe I've just stumbled onto McLaren's big signing for next year. And without sponsor I'm sure they could do with his moula.....

:detective:
Hey maldonado's car let him finish the race today :thumbup:

He must've fed it before the race then, all too often it just runs off on its own accord and tries to eat the barriers or another car.
Found the Maldonado announcement that he'd be staying with Lotus next year a bit unusual since he announced it instead of Lotus. Just ran across this and found it interesting.

Venezuela
> Moody’s credit rating: Caa1
> Moody’s outlook: Negative
> 2014 Gov’t debt (pct. of GDP): 51.6%
> 2014 GDP per capita (PPP): $13,531

Venezuela’s need for short term cash may lead to trouble in future years. President Nicolas Maduro’s administration plans to issue bonds through the state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela, to increase the availability of foreign currency in the country. More foreign currency may help tame inflation in Venezuela, which stood at 40.7% in 2013. However, according to Bloomberg, the rate at which the oil company is taking on debt will likely outpace oil revenues in the coming years, making it increasingly difficult to make future loan payments. Venezuela is expected to spend less than 2% of GDP on interest payments in 2014, a number that is likely to balloon if the country continues to rapidly issue debt. Venezuela also has the highest 10-year bond yields in the Western Hemisphere at 15.81% as of June 2014.
It's touching to see how 'badly' you want Maldo to stay in F1....checking up on Venezuela's economic situation and all. :D

See our F1 related articles too!