FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By 1Lemon
FASTEST FOR MAD MAX!!!!!!!!! #BLESSED

Chilton posts the fastest time of the Spanish day 1 test, with a time that would have qualified him 4th in Sunday's GP With a 1:26:434, a full 2 tenths in front of Bottas and 2 tenths behind Ricciardo...
By 1Lemon
He was on super softs. BUT STILL!
He seems quite nifty when it comes to Barcelona. He managed to out-qualify both Bianchi and the two Caterhams.
By 1Lemon
Maybe he has turned a corner

Sent using NCC-1701

Unlike Koby
By racechick
A lucky escape for Max Chilern! A fan took the photo in this link which shows how close Raikonen's wheel came to hitting his head.
http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09096

You can breathe again Lew!
By racechick
Heavy I reckon and travelling at speed.
You can breathe again Lew!

:hehe:

Yes, Chilton certainly seemed a little quiet/stunned when he was out of the car during the red flag period. Indeed, he mentioned what a close shave it was in the post-race interview.

It's a shocking picture, and memories of the Henry Surtees incident come to mind. Lucky it missed this time.
By sagi58
:yikes:

I guess the TV cameras were too busy to notice that!!
Thankfully, except for nerves being shaken, no one was hurt badly!
By Hammer278
Glad to see he escaped serious injury. Puts to perspective how another drivers' stupidity can endanger other guys out there.

Is this where Chilton's race finishing streak ended? Or was it earlier? I haven't been following too much to be honest....I think it ended earlier this season in the flyaway races?
By 1Lemon
Glad to see he escaped serious injury. Puts to perspective how another drivers' stupidity can endanger other guys out there.

Is this where Chilton's race finishing streak ended? Or was it earlier? I haven't been following too much to be honest....I think it ended earlier this season in the flyaway races?

It finished in Canada after he turned into jules and took both Marussia's out.

Fair play to max for carrying on, he looked a bit stunned sitting on the plastic chair in the pit lane waiting for the restart; he didn't seem to care about the penalty he got either. When a tyre misses your head by a few inches and you had to duck to avoid it AND and 150mph I can imagine that's rattle you slightly.

See our F1 related articles too!