FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Tatu was russian

Sent using NCC-1701

:-( my dreams have been smashed, they are not homosexual it was all a con

Sent using NCC-1701
Kvyat in positive mood

Formula 1 Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat has admitted that his performances at the start of the 2014 Grand Prix season have been very pleasing. The 19-year-old has put in a number of impressive displays, taking points in three of the opening four races of the season, highlighting the good beginning to the campaign.

The Russian secured a ninth-place finish in the opening race in Melbourne, with a further two 10th positions earned at Malaysia and most recently China, leaving the youngster 14th in the drivers' standings. Kvyat, is still miles away from the likes of Mercedes, who have been in dominating form thanks to Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg in the four races so far, but the Toro Rosso man is confident that his team can make further improvements.

"I'm pleased with my performance in China. It was great to score another point and during the race I had a good battle with Jenson Button," he said.

"I believe we have more development to come from the car and that will be good as we start races in Europe. It will be easier for us to install developments on the car." Team-mate Jean-Eric Vergne, who is one position ahead of Kvyat in the standings, has also admitted that he is relishing his chances in the upcoming races.

"I am looking forward to racing in Europe and Barcelona is a good track. I want to finish in the top 10 there," Vergne said.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/formula-1/kvyat ... 23088.html
By sagi58
Kvyat in positive mood...

:clap: And, rightfully so!! He's done better than some seasoned veterans!! :clap:
Can't believe we didn't celebrate this, but Daniil Kvyat is the youngest driver ever to score F1 points! Congratulations, you are the real deal and it's not your family's or your government's money that's got you a seat in the sport! :clap:
Meet Daniil Kvyat, Russia’s F1 Poster Boy

By Vasili Sushko
NEW YORK (VR) –Daniil Kvyat has had an illustrious start to a Formula 1 career, to say the least. Kvyat, 20, was the youngest driver to score points in Formula 1 history and remains the youngest driver on the grid today. A native of Ufa, Russia, Daniil currently races for Toro Rosso and has earned four points in just six races thus far this season. Currently in Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, Daniil took some time to speak with Radio VR correspondent Vasili Sushko.

Radio VR: Daniil, you are the youngest F1 points scorer ever. The man who held the record before you was Sebastian Vettel and we all know how successful his career has panned out. You already have several points this season as you were on a bit of a streak early on this year. Having already accomplished so much, are you satisfied or are you hungry for more?

Daniil Kvyat: I think I am never satisfied. I mean, we are always trying to work for more until we reach the top. Even though we are lacking some speed now we just try to improve ourselves to get more points and try to get as high a position as possible in the finish, but yes… so far the beginning of the season was good considering the testing issues we had. We will keep pushing and then we will see.

Radio VR: You have been considered very mature for your age. F1 is obviously a very recognized sport and hosts high-class events every month all across the world. How is it that at 20 years old you are able to perhaps avoid acting like many 20 year olds, or do you? Do you have a playful side or are you mostly serious?

Daniil Kvyat: Here you don't have so much of a choice. You have to stay focused, stay concentrated, and try to work as much as possible with your engineers. I'm trying to get the best out of my job and I plan to be here a long time to become hopefully one day at the top of everyone. That is my goal.

Radio VR: At what age did you begin to have an interest in racing? And would you consider F1 the highest form of racing there is? Or is there perhaps another sport you are interested in?

Daniil Kvyat: For me definitely Formula 1 is the highest auto-sport category, of course. There is rally, which is a bit more extreme, I really like rally as well. I think it's a crazy sport but it’s awesome as well. But Formula 1 for me is my life, my job and I am completely dedicated to it right now.

Radio VR: In a few months you will race in Sochi at the first ever Grand Prix in Russia. Do you think the home crowd will motivate you in any way? Or will you focus on the event like any other race where there is a new track?

Daniil Kvyat: Well, of course I'm coming there to do the best possible, to give my home crowd something to cheer about, but of course I know that the pressure will be quite high and I would be very pleased about it. The more attention I get in my home race the better. But anyway, we will be focused and will try to get the maximum out of it.

Radio VR: Speaking of the crowd Daniil, for more of a general F1 question. You drive very loud cars, although not as loud as they used to be, F1 cars are certainly very loud vehicles. What are your thoughts on the quieter vehicles?

Daniil Kvyat: Well, I don't think it’s such a low noise. I still think when all the cars are together it’s still a loud noise but now it’s a bit better to be honest. The sound has a character, it’s not that noisy but it is still very nice. I think everybody will get used to it. Of course somebody is asking to bring back the V12… I know it was nice but we have what we have and we have to work with what we have and the rest doesn't matter too much.

Radio VR: Of your fellow 21 F1 racers, all of which are older than you, is there anyone you have a relationship with? Any particular driver from another team that you know and speak to or that you can perhaps consider your friend?

Daniil Kvyat: The only person I can really speak openly to and if I need to ask advice is Daniel Ricciardo at the moment. I think I have a good relationship with him and I hope I can keep it with him for a long time because I think he’s a good guy. Of course he’s a very fast driver and hopefully one day we can compete against each other in very similar conditions but I believe he is the guy that I have the most open relationship with.

Radio VR: What about the other way around? Any driver that you have argued with off the track about, for example, certain maneuvers during a race? Anyone that you have issues with?

Daniil Kvyat: No, not really. I didn't have any conflicts with anyone. Of course I heard some complaints but it’s all crying by someone who is not too happy about something but for me it doesn't really matter to be honest.

Radio VR: How does a 20-year-old Russian native prepare for a race? What are some of your activities before a race and what is your pre-race meal?

Daniil Kvyat: Nothing in particular. I try to get as much rest as possible. I try to stay focused as much as I can. The meal, I try to keep it light and healthy before the race weekend. Nothing too particular, just no McDonalds or anything.

Radio VR: Perhaps a bit of an embarrassing question, but many of our listeners and readers I’m sure have always wondered how race car drivers such as yourself go to the bathroom during a race. Have you ever had to go and if so how do you do it?

Daniil Kvyat: Well during the race there is such high physical activity that you don't even think about it. Sometimes before the start yeah, I really want to go to the bathroom and I just go but once you’re in the car it all goes away.

Radio VR: In your short but promising F1 career thus far, what was the most bizarre or extraordinary thing that has happened to you? We can of course rule our having to go to the bathroom during a race.

Daniil Kvyat: I think I might be a bit of a boring guy, but once there was a big queue in Monaco and I asked one guy to move away a little bit and when he turned his face to me and it was Antonio Banderas.

Radio VR: Do you have a girlfriend? I’m sure there are scores of women that would love to date you. How is the dating life as a busy F1 driver?

Daniil Kvyat: I’ve been busy so obviously not so much time for those kind of things but I have my own atmosphere with these types of things as well. Once again, I try to do everything that makes me feel good but if something shrugs me I don't usually do it so, private life is private life.

Radio VR: But can we tell the woman of the world that you are single?

Daniil Kvyat: Yes you can.

Radio VR: Perhaps we can soon see your name on a list of the most eligible bachelors. Daniil, do you have a nickname?

Daniil Kvyat: Many of them, but lets keep it private. Nicknames on the team, they stay on the team.

Radio VR: Any advice for future race car drivers, whether they be from Canada or Russia, on how to succeed and one day reach the level that you are at?

Daniil Kvyat: I don't know really. Just keep working as hard as possible and follow your dreams.

Radio VR: Daniil, thank you very much speaking with Radio VR today. Good luck in Montreal and I hope we can have you on our program again in the future.

http://voiceofrussia.com/us/news/2014_0 ... -Boy-8824/
""This was my best qualifying result so far this season and I'm satisfied with the work the team has done all weekend. We managed to put all the things together like a puzzle and we made a significant step forward from yesterday to today. It was a shame that because of the yellow flags in Turn 2, we couldn't exploit the full potential of the car. But still, P7 is a good starting position. I really enjoy this circuit and I hope we can have a strong race in front of all the Red Bull family.""

If this guy didn't come into F1 as a "pay driver" he'd be the star of the season right now.

People continue ignoring him somewhat but he could be the revelation of the season, probably the best rookie to arrive on the scene since Hamilton. Won't be surprised to see this guy win a race sometime next year if a front running team snaps him up soon.

I don't like him since he's only 19....and driving a f**king Formula 1 car grrrrrrrrr
Beginning to have a shine for this kid. Although his appearance does remind me of Vettel's...Lets hope when he becomes a race winner, he does not carry that smugness he had :P
I can't see that happening, he does not seem at all smug to me. Very Russian and the Russians are a very polite, traditional, and reserved people (a little like Canadians).

An even better interview here:

Exclusive Daniil Kvyat Q&A: We're aiming to score big points

The last time Daniil Kvyat raced at the Red Bull Ring - in Formula 3 - he scored a hat-trick of second place finishes. A podium finish is quite unlikely this weekend, although the Russian rookie has been hugely impressive so far this weekend, qualifying comfortably inside the top ten.

We caught up with the 20-year-old Red Bull protégé to talk about his chances in Sunday’s race, his season so far, and why nothing can compare to being a Formula One driver…

Q: Daniil, today was a pretty good qualifying session for you…
Daniil Kvyat: Yes it was. We’ve had a pretty good weekend so far where all the pieces have fallen into the right places. The fact is we made a good step forward compared to Friday. It could have been slightly better if the odds had been a bit more in our favour, but nevertheless we are in a good starting position and hopefully can execute that in the race. Scoring points is very high on my agenda! (laughs)

Q: What does this afternoon really mean for tomorrow’s race?
DK: Nothing. We have to go and get it again tomorrow afternoon. It’s just that the odds look more promising…

Q: How satisfied are you with your own performance?
DK: We, as a team, did a pretty good job - we learned our lesson from Friday. So yes, I am pleased about how the team has done - and how I have done. It is true that this track is very much to my liking; it’s sort of ‘old school’ - fast in the right places!

Q: Can it be that you’re the man to put a smile on Red Bull faces?
DK: I will do my best to shine on the track that bears Red Bull’s name.

Q: Looking back, you’ve had a pretty good start to your F1 career, even though you’ve had some bad luck in a few races. Can you talk us through those experiences - the ones that have ruined your stats a bit?
DK: Ha, we couldn’t do anything about those situations - and if we cannot do something about a situation we shouldn’t worry about it. The last races didn’t show our full potential.

Q: In Monaco it was the exhaust, in Canada it was the drivetrain - and team mate Jean-Eric Vergne has faced issues with the unreliability as well. Is development going backwards?
DK: Definitely not. Take Monaco: we definitely could have finished with both cars in the points, but alas it didn’t happen. But that is all in the past. I don’t want to focus on problems from the past, I want to focus on the future - and that is starting on row four tomorrow afternoon.

Q: Issues seem to have been a travel companion of Toro Rosso for quite some time. Either the exhaust or the drivetrain seems to give up prematurely. Why is that so?
DK: Things like that can happen. Look what happened to Mercedes - they also had a retirement in Canada, and they are top team. We are a focused bunch and always try to do our maximum. We always look to the next race and try not to focus on the ones that are in the past.

Q: You are the youngest driver on the grid - do you think that makes it more difficult for you to take defeats than for a driver who has been around for quite some time…
DK: To be honest I don’t think about defeats. I always come to a race with the same fighting spirit - even if the last race was a disappointment. I don’t let that get to me because no matter what happens I am the same person, the same driver - and with the same fighting spirit. I keep on learning with every race - and yes, many races are new experiences. Take Monaco and Canada - both were new tracks to me and both are probably amongst the most tricky tracks there are. I was fast at both - and knowing that is the only thing that really matters.

Q: As a matter of fact you’ve had to get used to quite a number of new tracks - which has been your favourite?
DK: Monaco was very special. It is a high-emotion track.

Q: But here in Austria you are one of the lucky few to know this track - has it helped?
DK: Maybe the first couple of laps. But as I don’t look back I also believe that you can’t count on things from the past. Every driver here is highly professional and knows how to learn a track in the fastest possible time.

Q: Austria must be very important for both Red Bull-backed teams, so it would make sense to bring the biggest upgrade here. Is that so?
DK: Yes, we do have some updates, and of course when you bring something new you always hope that it delivers - and so far it has.

Q: In which areas did you bring new parts?
DK: This season it is about improving the downforce side of the car and trying to make the car more stable in the corners.

Q: So corner speed was an issue before?
DK: Let me put it this way: it is never enough! (laughs) If you can get more - hey, why not!

Q: You have been used to winning in your career - your worst result in the standings at the end of a season is P3. Last year, in GP3, you won the title. So how is it when winning becomes elusive?
DK: Winning is fantastic of course, but there is also huge satisfaction when you know that you did the best with your package - that you drove at the limit. Sometimes a P10 finish can be more satisfying than a P6 finish when you personally had the feeling that you gave it your all.

Q: But it is also true that nothing beats a podium finish…
DK: Of course! But that will come again.

Q: It’s almost mid-season - an important benchmark for a rookie. Are you where you wanted to be?
DK: It’s been going okay so far. For sure, if I could repeat all these races again I would probably do better - but you are always smarter in hindsight. That’s a fact in all situations in life.

Q: Let’s ask bluntly: are you still finding it cool to be in F1?
DK: Of course! I cannot imagine it is better anywhere else.

Q: What has been the best moment so far - and what’s been the most annoying?
DK: It is fantastic to know that you are racing at the top of motor racing. Of course, there have also been frustrating moments, but the thrills beat all those annoying moments - there’s no doubt about it! I tell myself: deal with the frustration as well as you can and move on.

Q: You are still fresh in the paddock so probably have a more unspoiled view on F1: what would you change if you could?
DK: As a driver, I always want a faster car. But right now I am pretty satisfied with what I have. And on the overall situation of F1: I am still too fresh to make comments on this. For me it is simply the most exciting sport in the world. There is no better place to be than in an F1 paddock - I give you my word on that!

Q: Russia will host its first Grand Prix in October and you are the second Russian to drive in F1. Are Russian talents finally coming forward?
DK: We are improving. It will not happen overnight, but the Grand Prix in Sochi is the best thing to support Russian talents.

Q: If you could give your racing compatriots one piece of advice, what would that be?
DK: Work hard and try not to spend too much money.

Q: You’re starting from P7 tomorrow - what are you aiming for?
DK: Points - and the more the better! (laughs)

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 15983.html
I can't see that happening, he does not seem at all smug to me. Very Russian and the Russians are a very polite, traditional, and reserved people (a little like Canadians).

I suspect your point, but this is not the thread for such arguments. US and NATO are the aggressors in Ukraine (if that is what you're getting at). Otherwise don't tar all Russians with the same brush as the corporate media tars the government. Unless of course you don't quite understand history and the return of Cold War propaganda.
Don't like my comments, start a separate thread, please.
Holy sh*t its just a picture man...take it easy. I don't give a sh*t about NATO or US or whatever... I just like Putins pictures on the web, they make me laugh. Why take a picture so serious?

Laugh a little, life is short.
Your meaning would not be missed by anyone with half a clue. Don't insult my intelligence. That s*** is everywhere now, and has been ever since Putin put his foot down last year and prevented the US from going into Syria and the likely world escalation that would follow. Why would that be?

Or do you not get the outcome of propaganda? If I posted images in the Hamilton thread implying British arms trading with militants would you feel the same way? "Just laugh it off"? It's just a picture, right. Right?
I can laugh, but you need to do a little better than Kramer-breakdown humour.
(If you don't know why I am clarifying that these comments are not for this thread, then please take a look at the bigoted comment on the first page.)

See our F1 related articles too!