FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Jabberwocky
I though we could post up some of our memories of him or things we like to remember about him

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398076336744.jpg[/attachment]

Sent using NCC-1701
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
One rarely discussed memory, but one that I frequently think of. At the start of the 1994 season, when it was clear how difficult the Williams was to drive, and yet at Brazil Ayrton simply manhandled it to contention, lapping Damon in the process until he just couldn't keep it on track any longer. It was an astonishing drive to that point under the circumstances. I can't help but think had Imola been postponed after qualifying (as it should have been), once the Williams improved, he would almost certainly have won the 1994 WDC when you see how close Damon got.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Damon only got really close because Schumacher missed 4 races(I think).
Damon only got really close because Schumacher missed 4 races(I think).

Yup, I know Schumacher missed races, however Senna would have accumulated at least 20-40 points more than Damon in the same car, I don't think anybody would really argue against that, not to mention that Senna would have won some of the races that Schumacher did, thus relegating him to second and also reducing Schumacher's overall points haul for the season. Either way, given the improvement Williams made (they did of course end up winning the WCC), it would have been very close.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I heard that Senna wanted to end his career at Ferrari so we'll probably never know what he would've done had he been alive for 1995 and how long he had left for his F1 Career. I assume he would've gone to Ferrari in 96 and replacing Irvine or Schumacher would probably stayed at Benetton
Maybe he would of ended his career in 95 after what happened to Roland! I think he would of wanted to of stayed at Williams if they had given him a championship. Would Williams of wanted to keep him though?
Maybe he would of ended his career in 95 after what happened to Roland! I think he would of wanted to of stayed at Williams if they had given him a championship. Would Williams of wanted to keep him though?

They would probably have wanted to keep him, but tried to hold him to ransom by offering reduced wages or changed contract terms as they disrespectfully did to many of the lead drivers before him...
That is what I mean about Williams. However since then they have become the Brazilian retirement home.

Sent using NCC-1701
By sagi58
That is what I mean about Williams. However since then they have become the Brazilian retirement home.

:rofl:
Got a point. I mean I wouldn't say Senna obviously retired because unfortunately, we all know what happened. But his last team was at Williams.

We had Barrichello ending his career at Williams

Massa seems to be ending his at Williams

Antonio Pizzonia, yeah remember him? After 2005, he never raced in F1 again. He still raced after Williams, but never seen in F1 again after Williams is what I am saying

See our F1 related articles too!