FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
ESPNF1 Bernie Ecclestone has said the FIA will give official confirmation on Friday for a new team owned by NASCAR's Gene Haas to join Formula One.

In December the FIA opened a tender for a 12th team and Haas quickly became one of the leading contenders to take on the position. Originally Ecclestone voiced doubts about the financial validity of Haas' bid but has recently changed his opinion on the proposed team.

"Haas has been accepted," Mr Ecclestone told Forbes on Thursday. "The FIA has accepted him for sure. It is done. They are going to put that out tomorrow."

Haas co-owns the Stewart-Haas outfit in NASCAR with Tony Stewart, which won the 2011 Sprint Cup championship.

Haas' outfit would be the first American team in F1 since Penske left the sport in 1978. USF1 was granted entry for the 2010 season the last time the FIA opened their application process, but they failed to make the grid due to financial difficulties.
By Hammer278
WIth the return of Scott Speed and......
By Denthúl

Very much doubt that. It's more likely to be either Rossi or Daly in one car, with a more experienced driver in the other. I hope that Haas get in and can pull it off, but I have concerns over the use of Dallara for this project. :/

I guess the one good thing is that Haas actually has the money, unlike the failed USF1 team...
By Jabberwocky
Danica to make the step up

Sent using NCC-1701
By 1Lemon
I guess the one good thing is that Haas actually has the money, unlike the failed USF1 team...

Hey the USF1 team had more than money. Blind hope and American freedom!

AMERICA!
By geetface9
Danica to make the step up

Sent using NCC-1701

:vomit: I $#@!ING HOPE NOT!!
By What's Burning?
It's my understanding they've already lined up a sponsor!
By LewEngBridewell

Anyone remember how Scott Speed's last home Grand Prix at Indianapolis ended? Well, here it is...

[youtube]okY6fXpSHC0[/youtube]
By What's Burning?

Very much doubt that. It's more likely to be either Rossi or Daly in one car, with a more experienced driver in the other. I hope that Haas get in and can pull it off, but I have concerns over the use of Dallara for this project. :/

Connor was being promoted a lot last season here, featured his GP2 performances in every F1 GP.
By Denthúl

Connor was being promoted a lot last season here, featured his GP2 performances in every F1 GP.

Between him and Rossi, I'd certainly rate Daly as the more talented of the two, but I would like to see both make it into F1. It's such a shame that Daly has had budget issues, whilst we have people like Coletti, Richelmi and the waste of space that is Johnny Cecotto Jr. still putting in laps. :/
By Denthúl
Glad to see it officially announced. I really wish Gene and his team the best, it will be great to have some new blood that's competitive, and if they can bring in another engine manufacturer, even better. :)
By madbrad
From wiki-ing, I gather he's not related to Carl J. Hass?
By LewEngBridewell
Glad to see it officially announced. I really wish Gene and his team the best, it will be great to have some new blood that's competitive, and if they can bring in another engine manufacturer, even better. :)

Great news! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!