FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By R00DIT
is it too early to predict the winners and losers of 2007?

sensible money must be on Kimi, with an outside bet on Massa, Alonso and Heiki.
By darwin dali
Dunno, I need to see more of the BMW outfit in order to make a prediction that includes NH and RK. I think they'll be the dark horse next season, ya know: Deutsche precision, craftmanship, ambition and all :)
By Irv the Swerve
I agree with you DD, BMW will win a race this season. Spyker and SA might spring up a with a few points. Williams, Toyota and Honda will be crap again. STR will be up there around the points scoring places. Red Bull will go forward with MW. The main guys, Ferrari McLaren and Renault will have a great battle.
By certom
kimi world champion, ferrari world champion just a little ahead of mclaren...i hope!
By bud
Ill predict after the launch of the 07 runners and see how they all go on the new tyres.
going by winter testing thus far with the 06 chassis, McLaren and Renault seem to be the ones to beat on the new rubber!
By McLaren786
Ill predict after the launch of the 07 runners and see how they all go on the new tyres.
going by winter testing thus far with the 06 chassis, McLaren and Renault seem to be the ones to beat on the new rubber!

Yeah not long to go, most of the cars will be launched within a month. I can't wait to see the MP4-22 i wonder if it will still have the horns, i hope they do it was a McLaren trademark until bmw start using it.
By Stephen
Yup, the MP4-22 rolls out onto Circuit de Valencia, Spain on the 15th January! Nice to see the launches are nice and early this year, was it the 18 or 19 that never saw GP action?
By darwin dali
was it the 18 or 19 that never saw GP action?

Ouch, you little devil you! 8):mrgreen::twisted:
By Stephen
Wasn't it reliability holding that McLaren back, I'm thinking cooling?
By bud
The MP 4/18 never saw action, it didnt pass the FIA crash test. I think the car was far to revolutionary from the outset and just didnt work in all aspects. While Ferrari were sticking to the basics with their designs and winning along the way!
The 19 was basically the same car as the 18 anyways just all the problems ironed out. but it took another revamp of the 19 to be named 19B for it to have any speed and get one win and some podiums!

McLaren786 good to have another Mac fan here :) Yeah im not sure on the bull horns hehe they probably will continue using them. although that may have been a newey innovation so we might see RBR and STR with them aswell as Sauber :P
By x_laura_x
I would be shocked if Kimi didn't go into 2008 as World Champion. Obviously theres other; Alonso and Massa but my money is on Kimi.

I hope Toyota find some pace from somewhere... they were awful last season it was painful to see Jarno do so badly! But i think they need a miracle... or Mike Gascoyne!
By bud
I would be shocked if Kimi didn't go into 2008 as World Champion. Obviously theres other; Alonso and Massa but my money is on Kimi.

I hope Toyota find some pace from somewhere... they were awful last season it was painful to see Jarno do so badly! But i think they need a miracle... or Mike Gascoyne!

http://formula1home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2406 have a look there and you will see why Toyota went so badly in 06,

They should be alright for 07 though and by supplying WIlliams with their engines they will have access to Williams seemless transmission for their team.
By williams fan
It will be hard to really say who because of all the personnel changes and rule changes but i think that 2007 will see the rise of Red Bull and Honda and the fall of Renault.

Hopefully Williams can do better but i honestly don't see them as championship winners again just yet.
By darwin dali
Ever again.
By bud
Ever again.

Ill hold you to that :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!