FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Pretty accurate assessment S. Massa's problem has always seemed (to me anyway) to be one of adaptability. He was blindingly fast on certain tracks (Brazil, Bahrain, Turkey) under conditions where he could get the tires up to temperature, but outside of his comfort zone performance dropped off pretty rapidly.

Please excuse my naivete where F1 drivers are concerned; but, from some of the comments
I've read about other drivers, this would seem to be pretty much the standard in F1, eh?
I mean, it seems rare to find a "great" driver who is consistent enough to be "great" on every track?
Last edited by sagi58 on 14 Nov 13, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
By What's Burning?
Great drivers are upset when they get a fifth place finish.
By operaman
Pretty accurate assessment S. Massa's problem has always seemed (to me anyway) to be one of adaptability. He was blindingly fast on certain tracks (Brazil, Bahrain, Turkey) under conditions where he could get the tires up to temperature, but outside of his comfort zone performance dropped off pretty rapidly.

Please excuse my naivete where F1 drivers is concerned; but, from some of the comments
I've read about other drivers, this would seem to be pretty much the standard in F1, eh?
I mean, it seems rare to find a "great" driver who is consistent enough to be "great" on every track?

Of course, but not to the extent of Felipe. The performance difference track to track is far less apparent in top drivers like Alonso, Hamilton or Vettel, as is the difference wet to dry, or hot to cool. They may not like, or be great, on every track, but their performance remains strong.
By racechick
Great drivers are upset when they get a fifth place finish.

:thumbup:
By What's Burning?
I had a thought, what if Massa wins a championship with Williams?
By LRW
That would be amazing. For Williams. And for Massa.

To be honest though, I think he'd have to fight Bo77as for it.
By racechick
I think this fresh start for Massa may be just what he needs. I think he'll come out on top in this pairing. I'm still convinced that he's psychologically vulnerable and that's where most of his performance went .....against a favoured Alonso, rather than from the accident. I think after this testing his confidence will be back and so might the old Massa.

Note: I said 'might' and 'I think' Just speculating here. He has Smedly too. That's another confidence boost for him.
By racechick
If it can't be Lewis or Nico that would be sweet.
By 1Lemon
Massa for WDC, how much would that annoy Alonso

I want to see at least a few wins for him, he really deserves it after how Ferrari treated him as such a number 2 (I'm not a fan of number 1/2 drivers, can you tell? ).

As my dad said "Being at Williams and not being number 2 is going to make Massa an entirely new bunny."
By NHcheese
I bet you williams will be better than lotus. Along with Force india.
By sagi58
Massa for WDC, how much would that annoy Alonso

I want to see at least a few wins for him, he really deserves it after how Ferrari treated him as such a number 2 (I'm not a fan of number 1/2 drivers, can you tell? )...

Again... Massa signed on the dotted line, over and over and over, knowing full well what the score was!!
He made his decision, he didn't have a problem with it, why does every one else need to ""pity"" him??

As for Alonso, if the F14-T isn't as fast as the FW36, it won't be about who's the ""better"" driver!!
He/Ferrari may not like it; but, then again, none of us Tifosi will!!
By Hammer278
If it can't be Lewis or Nico that would be sweet.

For WDC? Well if he really can achieve that by beating a whole load of other top drivers, it will be very well deserved. I've never been much of a fan since 2008 but I'd love to see him still get 1 over Ferrari and the Fonz, especially after treating him like their professional lackey.
By sagi58
... I'd love to see him still get 1 over Ferrari and the Fonz, especially after treating him like their professional lackey.

Which was in his job description... :banghead:
For which he was well-paid for... :banghead:
What's with the pity, if Massa was OK with it? :banghead:

See our F1 related articles too!