FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By What's Burning?
Couple of things I wanted to share car/coffee related. If you haven't checked it out and you're a fan of Jerry Seinfeld. He's got a pretty cool and very funny series online (there's a little bit of corporate product placement to pay for things but it's bearable) but it's certainly worth watching, lots of great comedian. The one with Mel Brook and Carl Reiner is hilarious, so is the Chris Rock, Luis CK and David Letterman and so much more. Check it out.
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee

The other thing is I've been going to a few local race shops for our monthly cars and coffee rounds and wanted to share some picks. One is very "old school" and the other is as modern as they get. Loved the unintended dichotomy.
The old shop has actually the Porsche 914 that's the sister car to the one that won the Rolex 24 back in 1971. Although this car won the championship for the year, it was leading at the 24 when it dropped out due to transmission failure in the 22nd hour.

The other shop is a guy who's won class championships in the American Le Mans and has won the 6 hours of Sebring, the shop is spotless and as high tech as they come. They specialize in high powered turbo monstrosities. See if you can tell which one is which. :hehe:

Shop One

Shop Two
By What's Burning?
Thought you'd like to watch this Spanky, but do it on a computer, bigger screen and nice sound. It's worth it.
[youtube]ZoBFcV0WyWw[/youtube]
By spankyham
Thought you'd like to watch this Spanky, but do it on a computer, bigger screen and nice sound. It's worth it.
[youtube]ZoBFcV0WyWw[/youtube]

Molte grazie :clap:
By sagi58

Thanks!! That was awesome!! It's incredible that some people actually have that time, energy and resources to live out their passion!!
It was truly worth waiting to watch it on a computer with good sound and graphics!! :clap:
By Jabberwocky
Bonham emails me with car auctions it makes me sad I can not buy all the poor cars.

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
Saw two very nice cars today at the Westchester Cars & Coffee

a BMW 3.0 CSi

and a McLaren P2
By sagi58
Saw two very nice cars today at the Westchester Cars & Coffee

and a McLaren P2

Gorgeous!! :clap: And, I don't even like yellow!!
By sagi58
By the way, thanks for the introduction to James Chen and Petrolicious!
Here's another one of his cars... Bet you can guess why I like it! :blush:
[youtube]AVuSf6tkfpQ[/youtube]

Published on Apr 17, 2013

There are times in life when you stand in front of something and instantly recognize its intrinsic beauty. Whether at a museum, an art gallery, or while watching a film, these brief moments of awareness have the ability to take your breath away. Taking in a Ferrari 250 GT Lusso will likely be one of those moments: the lines, curves, and proportions blend together into a medley of beauty and emotion.

Considered by many to be the most elegant Ferrari ever made, the Lusso isn't to be taken lightly and has a specific set of rituals that one must complete in order to unleash the fury of the V12 under the hood. James Chen prefers to release that fury in the quiet stillness of the morning when traffic is light and the sun is slowly rising to its magic hour. With few distractions, the empty morning streets of Downtown Los Angeles amplify the two-hundred-and-forty prancing horses that lie in wait for the mash of the throttle.

The Lusso may have been designed as a grand tourer but don't let this designation fool you: the sound screams otherwise.

Drive Tastefully®

See our F1 related articles too!