FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
Ok, before launching a full scale attack on Ralf and his career, is there anything good we can say about the driver? and would he have made it into F1 without his elder brother's success?
By Irv the Swerve
He should move away from Toyota. He won a few races with Williams-BMW and its been going downhill ever since.
By Marco
I just dont know with Ralf. He seems to perform well at times, and other times seems like he's half asleep. However I would rather have him in my team than Trulli, but that's not saying much.
By manmonkee
Ralfs an odd one, never thought much of him, But at some races has been truely brilliant. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure all the races he won he won from Pole, streaked away from everybody at the start and was generally unstopable. Thats once in a blue moon though.
Toyota made a weird choice, if I could name the last 2 drivers I'd want on my team I'd name Trulli and Ralf. Dream Team is a phrase bandied about a lot, maybe a new one should be invented for Ralf and Trulli, Has Been Team??.
By Irv the Swerve
His stats says it all:

GP:162
Wins:6
Podiums:27
Pole Positions:6

Given a better car, he'll be right up there.
By darwin dali
I've never warmed up to him. He's definitely overpaid and his motivation level is rather questionable at times. To his defense he went through some horrific accidents, which may have taken the wind out of his sails...
By Irv the Swerve
I've never warmed up to him. He's definitely overpaid and his motivation level is rather questionable at times. To his defense he went through some horrific accidents, which may have taken the wind out of his sails...
Those crashes at Indy, maybe Ralf has a mental block about going fast or something like that, some psychology problems.
By Stephen
Those crashes at Indy, maybe Ralf has a mental block about going fast or something like that, some psychology problems.

Yeah, he missed a fair few races following that one. I wonder if this will be his last year in F1, what with all the young talent banging on the door.
By darwin dali
Most of the teams are jumping on the save-money bandwagon, but Toyota seems to have (almost) unlimited resources for F1, so even being overpaid, RS might still have a future at Toyota, especially if he can pull some good/excellent results this year...
By Irv the Swerve
Honda and Toyota are still on the same boat but Honda wants to aim higher. Toyota needs consistency and then keep going higher.
By Stephen
I would like to see Toyota do well, but I just can't see it.
By mstar
toyota i seriously needs to change JT or RS as they have stagnated a little. Look at bmw kubica has brouht the team and NH a new lease of life!! RS is i agree overpaid a lot!! so u cannot see RS moving to another team so he is happy? thinking "one day" he will win races with toyota and chanmpionship :roll: oh well i guess he can live in hope and count his money after every race 8)
By Stephen
That seems to be the problem with Ralf, too interested in counting his pennies! Completely agree with Kubica, a young talented driver who pulls his weight, unlike the departing Villeneuve.
By mstar
toyota had he opportunity but i feel there 2007 will be like there 2006. Shame as i really want to see totyota do well but they need some NEW BLOOD in that team its tooo stale at the moment

See our F1 related articles too!