FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By NHcheese
Seb: WEBBER'S IN FIRST, GET HIM OUT OF THE WAY

Rocky: Don't worry Seb, we've told him

(43 laps later)

MARK WEBBER WINS THE ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX

Seb:...............WHAT THE HELL GUYS

Yeah that didn't turn out unfortunately.
By Hammer278
Webber gets the better (or at least equal) jump of the line, but somehow the sister Redbull easily outdrags him into the first corner and ends up 30 seconds in front. Yeah, nothing suspicious at all Vettel IS GOD WE BELIEVE YOU HORNER! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
By sagi58
Webber gets the better (or at least equal) jump of the line, but somehow the sister Redbull easily outdrags him into the first corner and ends up 30 seconds in front. Yeah, nothing suspicious at all Vettel IS GOD WE BELIEVE YOU HORNER! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dumb Question of the Day:

Is it "necessary" to trounce everyone on the track in this manner?
Shouldn't they be playing it smart and keep just enough time to do
a pit stop and possibly a few extra seconds in their pocket?

:confused:
By NHcheese
Vettel
"there are far worse couples" in F1.

Yeah. Sure.

"I have enourmous respect for Mark on the track"

Yeah..... remember another quote from him...

Marks too slow get him out the way!
By Frontrunner
Schumi was the guy that started my interest in F1 in the late 90s, but Mark was the guy that made me follow F1 as close as I do now and have watched every Grand Prix on TV since his debut at Melbourne 2002 in the Minardi. I for one going to miss him a lot not seeing him on the F1 grid no longer. :crying:
It feels like yesterday when he got that 5th place in the Minardi, how time flys.

[youtube]7BFdf4iY8Zc[/youtube]
[youtube]C9PzWs5sD_o[/youtube]
By LewEngBridewell
It is true Frontrunner, it still doesn't seem that long ago! Time does indeed fly.

Any other favourite Mark Webber memories?

I remember him qualifying an amazing 2nd place in the Jaguar at Sepang, back in 2004. Unfortunately, the start was pants.
By Frontrunner
Qualifying 2nd at Sepang in the Jag was a great effort, back in the 1 lap quali days. IMO probably his best Quali performance in his career considering what he was driving.

Love that V10, and the green livery of the Jaguar R5
[youtube]L-bPqbZIats[/youtube]
By Hammer278
I'll miss the Webbo's presence in F1 fo sho. Still remember his first race in Minardi and that lighting up his rears on the final lap with the Toyota right behind him (and eventually screwing up) and bringing a dream come true for Minardi in their first race of the season. Superb! Also one of the few drivers I've spoken to and got an autograph from, nice chap and no BS which is rare in today's political F1.

Wish him the very best in his last race of F1 and his career with Porsche! :wavey:
By sagi58
Much as I would like for Massa to do well, in front of his fans, in Brazil!!

I'm kinda hoping that Webber wins it... and that, if he's a close second,
whomever is in the lead will let him past for the win!!

I know... I know... sentimental fool, eh?? :blush:
By NHcheese
If there is a part in the race where Vettel is leading Webber, Sebasian should let him past. That's the best thing he could do considering their relationship. It would be a great act, earning him more respect...

Doubt it though.
By Jabberwocky
His Brazil crash in the Jag that caused the last win for Jordan. All that confusion on the podium etc

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By racechick
If there is a part in the race where Vettel is leading Webber, Sebasian should let him past. That's the best thing he could do considering their relationship. It would be a great act, earning him more respect...

Doubt it though.

I don't think that would earn him any respect.....'here you are mark, have the crumbs from my plate now that I've eaten my fill'. I can sort of imagine Mark's response if that was offered, and Mark would be the one who was respected.
By 1Lemon
No man has ever won a grand prix in his last race. Will that change today?
By What's Burning?
No man has ever won a grand prix in his last race. Will that change today?

Not according to the pool picks.

See our F1 related articles too!