FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By Bailey
My boyfriend loves Formula 1 and I want to buy him tickets for a Christmas present. I haven't got a clue about the tracks but could someone please recommend a good track for me to get him tickets for and what are on that track to buy a ticket please?
I am from England and the cost won't include flights, hotel etc. I just want to make sure it is a good track, I was thinking Malaysia but I'm not sure what it's Like. I want to spend up to £700 for 2 tickets. Would ou be ableto advise what is a good track to go to please?
What sort of fan is your boyfriend? If he is a purist then maybe an old track like Spa would be good. Or if he is a die hard Ferrari fan what about Monza

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for your help!! I'm not sure what type of fan he is apart from he used to do bait of racing himself as a teenager and I know he won't miss any of the races on TV. Does that help? What are good tickets for both of these tracks? A
So, is the Malaysian one no good?
I have not been to malaysia myself so could not say.

As for ticket, I tend to go on a shoe string so only ever have general admittance tickets. I would imagine as a good rule of thumb at a track the better they are the more they would cost.

I found the crowd at monza amazing. Where at spa the cars blasting through the trees was someting else.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Malaysia will be seriously hot. But it's a decent venue.

Circuits in Europe like Monza, Silverstone and Spa are favourites with fans, great atmosphere, great setting.

You could maybe consider a trip to the US and visit Texas? There are plenty of options
Silverstone is always good. You don't have to worry about flights and the atmosphere is great. My three day package in a grandstand was only just over £200 it may be a big more now as I got early bird offers. And the after race party is always good when the drivers come on the stage.
If you're a very good looking girlfriend, then that's enough for him. The fact that you're a girlfriend looking to give him F1 tickets, puts you on a waiting list for sainthood. :hehe:

My recommendation go somewhere nice that you'd enjoy some of the activities off track. Barcelona there would be lots to do I'm sure. Spa in Belgium you'd be likely camping out in a tent if you're into that sort of thing so it may have its charm. Hungary would be relatively inexpensive and it's not a tremendous amount of travel. Then you could go to Monaco and live it up for the weekend, it would be expensive but you'd be amongst the beautiful people.
The F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 recently ended and was held at the Yas Marina Circuit, which is one of the best and the most advanced race tracks. I visited the YMC for the Abu Dhabi GP 2021 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Besides the races, they have activities for visitors like driving experiences, passenger experiences, and karting, and a lot of off-track entertainment, like live music and games. So, from that personal experience, I can say that you and your partner will truly have a great time there.

Apart from that, Spa-Francorchamps, the venue of the Belgian GP, and Monza, the venue of the Italian GP are also pretty great tracks. You can also lookup the schedule for the 2022 GPs and book your Formula 1 tickets accordingly.

See our F1 related articles too!