FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6
I tell you what, that 2009 Brawn has done a whole bucket of wonders for Button's career. If that didn't happen, I doubt he'd even be in F1 right now.

Actually it was Whitmarsh finding him disturbingly good looking that helped him. No other team boss wanted him evn after the DD fluke. McLaren were after Kimi, Brawn gave him the taxi money to leave. Whitmarsh suddenly had an epiphany and snatched the WDC that was available on the cheap. He really outfoxed the other team bosses on that one, he alone saw greatness where no one else did over ten years and despite the dd fluke

Well it's really worked out for McLaren, lucky they didn't stick with Kimi, whitmarshs true genius will really become apparent in 2014
By LRW
Perez isnt sounding very confident for a drive in F1 next year. And seems like the lack of a contract from McLaren came out of nowhere.

I do like this statement.....

.....but I will never take an option just for the sake of staying. It really has to be a good option.
By CookinFlat6
The guy really got screwed by the politics that we expect from McLaren

But if you take every single race weekend, at the beginning I was just fighting for the interests of the team, as we were not really fighting for anything so I was risking a lot. It would have been very comfortable for me to keep P5 in Monaco and not fight for fourth position, as now it would mean that I would have more points and the gap to Jenson would be significantly smaller.

I was told to be more aggressive and go for it, I was told it was for the whole team

In terms of speed we’ve been pretty similar, but of course Jenson’s experience with the team played to his advantage, as McLaren is a team that functions very differently to what I was used to.

Jenson did his racing on the TPs couch, its all about who gets on with Martin and Sam

And on the strategy side you have more people working on that matter in other teams, whereas at McLaren it is basically you and your engineer, so the communication with your engineer has to be really great - but that needs time to develop

It was basically the whole team trying to help Jenson win vs me and my junior engineer
By racechick
He was screwed over by the arch manipulator. Well there's a surprise. I bet Jensons worked harder over this than he ever does when looking for grip and balance. :irked::irked::irked:
By NHcheese
He will get a seat next year. I am pretty sure. Just wan't it to be in a lotus. That I think is the best for him and Lotus,
By racechick
I'm listening to the Perez interview on sky now while the fig is on the track. Makes me angry, the treatment of Sergio, not the fog.
By 1Lemon
I'm listening to the Perez interview on sky now while the fig is on the track. Makes me angry, the treatment of Sergio, not the fog.

*** FIG ALERT ***

We are receiving reports that the Fig, has moved onto the track!
By What's Burning?
I hope it doesn't get run over, otherwise it'll be figgy pudding.
By LewEngBridewell

*** FIG ALERT ***

We are receiving reports that the Fig, has moved onto the track!

:rofl:
By CookinFlat6

yeah its a figgin disgrace how the team is run for the benefit of 3 bumchums
By racechick
:hehe::thumbup:
By LewEngBridewell
What fig? I must of mist it!

:rofl:

Full marks Jabber, that was very good :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!