FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By NHcheese
YEAH!!! MAG!!!
By Hammer278
Looking forward to seeing what Maggi can do.
By racechick
I can remember being excited about the arrival of his dad! :yikes: only to be disappointed. Really hope Kevin succeeds.
By Jabberwocky
Was it Mag Sr that got sacked half way through the season from Stewart or was that someone else?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By LRW
Was it Mag Sr that got sacked half way through the season from Stewart or was that someone else?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Correct:

For 1997-1998 he had a seat in Formula One with the Stewart-Ford team, owned in part by his old F3 boss Paul Stewart. Team founder Jackie Stewart once described him as the best prospect since Ayrton Senna, so his failure to succeed was embarrassing for the team. He scored a total of one championship point (in his last race in F1, the 1998 Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal). He was replaced by Jos Verstappen for the rest of the 1998 season.
By racechick
Mag snr was abysmally poor after the promise of great things. Don't know if he was sacked.

Edit: yes he was sacked :D
By CookinFlat6
Replaced by Verstappen, another one that was hailed from the rooftops for years and never produced

The last I heard of him he was in prison for murder or assault or ****, something heinious

Not sure what thats gotta to do with son of Mag though
By racechick
Not often I am premature WB :twisted:

You're a premature enunciator.

That's disappointing bud :P

See our F1 related articles too!