FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
It was amazing no one was injured.

I think what really worries me is the crash here the driver just does not move after the impact.

Perez in Monaco springs to mind and Burti's crash. I remember vividly Irvine trying to get to the cockpit through the tyres while the marshals stood around

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
For shock value the start of Spa '98. I was even concerned for Coulthard for a fraction of a second.

It's certainly spectacular, but I wouldn't call it a "worst ever" moment. More like a pretty memorable moment. The crash itself, danger wise, is pretty tame.
By Roth
For shock value the start of Spa '98. I was even concerned for Coulthard for a fraction of a second.

It's certainly spectacular, but I wouldn't call it a "worst ever" moment. More like a pretty memorable moment. The crash itself, danger wise, is pretty tame.

I agree. Once somebody mentions Senna all bets are off though; but this was one, along with Berger, I remember being taken aback by. Low visibility and cars and pieces from half the grid flying everywhere, it didn't seem tame at the time. I think it was also Bernie's inspiration for the sprinkler idea.

I agree. Once somebody mentions Senna all bets are off though; but this was one, along with Berger, I remember being taken aback by. Low visibility and cars and pieces from half the grid flying everywhere, it didn't seem tame at the time. I think it was also Bernie's inspiration for the sprinkler idea.

:rofl:

Well, if the sprinklers ever got introduced, then that would be the new "worst F1 moment"... :wink:

I don't know - you absolutely could call it your worst ever moment as far as I'm concerned. Looking back on it, it of course wouldn't be, however at that moment in time as it was happening, it was absolutely horrific. I still remember it absolutely vividly, thinking 'oh my God - more than one driver must have been killed / seriously injured'. I don't think my heart has ever been in my mouth so much as the few minutes during and directly after that until the miraculous announcment that everybody was somehow okay. And miraculous it was with the sheer amount of metal flying about.

Looking back, it was Senna, absolutely - but if you're talking about just during those few moments, the Spa 1998 start was an awful, awful mass incident to watch.
Speaking of start crashes that looked awful, this one stands out for me. Anyone remember this? Hockenheim 2001.

[youtube]5SO53ivP1fs[/youtube]
Probably not the worst moment in F1 but the worst race in terms of viewing, Hard to look pass Indianapolis 2005 and in recent times would be Bahrain 2010 and that was to kick off the new 2010 season, it was the most boring, lackluster, dullest grand prix i have witness in mine time watching F1. The only hint of excitement in that race was Vettel's spark plug drama.
Indy 05... it was good if you where a fan of a bridgestone shod team.

Villenurves crashes on eau rough was an oh is he going to get out of the car moment as well.

Kubica, Canda 2007.
Oh god yes. I remember seeing his feet poking out of the tub and having a flash back of johnny Herbert and martin Brundle

One time I was an an F1 event and had just paid 8 dollars for a 16 ounce plastic cup filled with crappy beer and someone got in my way as I was turning around and it was simply awful.
Close the thread, you win.
Hulkenburg taking Hamilton out in Brazil 2012, in Hamilton's last race for McLaren, was one of my worst ever F1 moments. However, you could always tell it was going happen when they went into combat.

See our F1 related articles too!