FORUMula1.com

F1 and Motorsport Forums

Dedicated to technical discussion...
#37929
:roll:
#37977
Sorry, I'm just being a sausage. <-- EDIT: LOL @ profanity filter

On the OT, the whole concept behind the suspension is that all (or almost all) the forces on the rods/arms are either compressive or tensile. If the end of any rod was fixed without a pivot then that's no longer the case and as can be seen in even minor collisions the rods don't stand up too well to forces other than those and I doubt the car would even make it out the pit lane.
#37983
The only reason I said what I did was because I couldn't see how it all worked, I know how it's supposed to however. To be fair when I wrote it (at 2am) I was pretty smashed lol. Guess I was just thinking out-loud :lol:
#38001
Everything but the safety cell is supposed to be the crush zone and would be energy absorbing rather than rigid. The curb incident was a bit much(did they not admit it was assembled wrong?) but in a crash I think they want the exterior parts to bust up. So the foldup during the incident with SMASHA may not have been all that out of the scope of proper energy management. It would depend on the angles of the forces compared with the angles at which it's meant to be strong.

McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]

Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]

Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]

Max Verstappen 33 Support

No chance with this year's Red Bull car (and […]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!