FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By NHcheese
If they do this to Ricciardo, then it proves they just don't like Aussies.
By racechick
Or competitors to Vettel.
By geetface9
I reckon Mark would have had been better off if he took the offer to drive for Ferrari this season in IMO

:thumbup: I would've loved to see that!
By sagi58
If they do this to Ricciardo, then it proves they just don't like Aussies.

How are they going to get him on the right strategy, when they can't even get his name right!!! :thud:
By racechick
Sounds like Webber might have had enough already. Rumours that Ricciardo is to replace him this season.

https://twitter.com/grandprixdiary/stat ... 0430283776
By NHcheese
Can't be true. He wouldn't leave like that.
By Jabberwocky
Why not what has he got to lose. A couple more dnf's

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By NHcheese
He would want to leave properly.
By scotty
Can't see Webber just giving up like that.

Courtesy of the one and only Taki Inoue:

I am just looking forward to seeing Webber drive for Porsche, at Le Mans. Porsche at LM > Red Bull F1.
By CookinFlat6
According to the stats brigade Seb has had as many problems as Mark so it would be shameful to ignore those

things like having to not use his drinks bottle for a few laps
By scotty
People can use statistics to prove anything... 40% of all people know that.
By LewEngBridewell

I am just looking forward to seeing Webber drive for Porsche, at Le Mans. Porsche at LM > Red Bull F1.

:hehe:

I saw 1Lemon post this on twitter. It's an interesting little sequence.. :P:P
By racechick
It's just a joke really. That all that can happen to one car.
By NHcheese

The Japan one shouldd just say 2nd place.
By LiamCatterson
Red Bull are clearly wanting things screwed up for Webber so whilst he is in the wars, Vettel can rise because Red Bull like to ram glory up his bottom...Yeah, I hate the fact Vettel is favoured over Webber...By the way, found this out today, interesting...should've happened :(

Mark Webber has admitted he came "very close" to ending his career in a Ferrari.

"So close," he is quoted by Speed Week in the Abu Dhabi paddock, "that I had to take the phone in my hand and call (Red Bull team owner) Dietrich Mateschitz."

Webber, who will leave F1 and switch to Le Mans for 2014 after this month's Brazilian grand prix, is referring to last season, when Ferrari was on the market to replace Felipe Massa.

"We couldn't find an agreement with Ferrari," said the Australian, "or I'd be sitting right now in Felipe Massa's car -- also in 2014," he revealed.

"I had set myself a deadline and on the Thursday before Canada last year I made the decision to stay another year with Red Bull," said Webber.

In the end, Webber says he will walk out of the Interlagos paddock late this month with his head held high, happy with his F1 career even though he missed the world title.

"It was not meant to be," he is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport, "but it was a proud and honest career.

"I see myself on par with the one-time champions," said Webber. "Am I a potential multiple champion? The answer is clearly not," he admitted.

Webber therefore admits that his teammate Sebastian Vettel, with whom he has shared a tense tenure at Red Bull, is better.

"Seb is exceptional," he said, "and I have no problem admitting it.

"In some ways I feel like Gerhard Berger with Ayrton Senna -- Gerhard was also a great racer, but not enough for the title."

See our F1 related articles too!