FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Ok, no one is willing to give MSC credit for what he achieved. I've been reading stuff on this web site for a while, but no one has done it. So, I've decided to take care of this and settle this matter once for all. To all of you non-MSC fans, don't feel bad, maybe one day (next century!) someone will beat his numbers. So, here it goes:

1- MSC is the best because he celebrated his victory on the day Ayrton Senna died, RIP
2- MSC crashes into others or pushes them out in order to win GPs and the championship
3- MSC has to be #1 because he cannot handle the pressure of having a teamate who can beat him
4- MSC refuses to play even with his teamate cause his EGO is big; he can't take the competition
5- MSC is probably a racist because he only gives interviews to German TV; F1 is a wolrdwide sport
6- MSC needs the help of FIA to change regulations so he can win
7- MSC needed almost 11 years to beat Ayrton Senna's pole position record

Now, you tell me if that doesn't make him the best ever. Of course, the list can go on and on, but you've got the idea. Oh, to those who will say to stop complaining, aren't you complaining about the complaint? Or by asking people to stop, this way you don't need to face the facts and the truth that your hero is simply an opportunitist. Happy New Year.
By Stephen
Interesting points Fact Man, welcome to the forum. I take it you're not a Schumacher fan! ;)

1- MSC is the best because he celebrated his victory on the day Ayrton Senna died, RIP

I agree that his behaviour could have seemed inappropriate given Roland Ratzenbergers death earlier in the weekend, however the German, along with the rest of the world, didn't actually know the severity of Senna's condition until after the celebrations - and raising a fist on the last lap at Imola, and smiling on the podium is hardly celebrating.

2- MSC crashes into others or pushes them out in order to win GPs and the championship

He's a competitor, Satos just the same, except he doesn't crash to win races!

3- MSC has to be #1 because he cannot handle the pressure of having a teamate who can beat him

Schumacher was always so far ahead in the championship, that from a team POV, such tactics made sense (although I agree its hardly sporting). Renault did the same last year, pairing Alonso with Fisichella, a driver who would come second in a race on his own!

4- MSC refuses to play even with his teamate cause his EGO is big; he can't take the competition

Could be true, and I suspect that's why he hanged up his boots. Being beaten twice by Alonso, having a vastly improved Massa as team-mate and with the prospect of Kimi coming to Ferrari, all too much...who knows?

5- MSC is probably a racist because he only gives interviews to German TV; F1 is a wolrdwide sport

He's German, so I suspect he's happier speaking in his native language. One slip in translation could have been the next big story.

6- MSC needs the help of FIA to change regulations so he can win

He also helped design circuits (which he later lost on), but largely, the work he's done with the FIA has helped improve track and driver safety.

7- MSC needed almost 11 years to beat Ayrton Senna's pole position record

Yes, Senna was a legend.
By darwin dali
Quali procedures changed frequently over the years. E.g., when they had just one shot at it in one lap back when, to me it seemed more of a luck thing whether or not you got the pole position or overdid it a tad in a corner and went off. Also, the pole position on most tracks has become less important with the introduction of refueling stops, tire changes, and the race strategy adapting to passing during pitstops.
Senna today with the high-precision driving required and the race strategy involved would be a solid qualifier, but nothing special or dominating as he used to be in his times.
By bud
Senna today with the high-precision driving required and the race strategy involved would be a solid qualifier, but nothing special or dominating as he used to be in his times.

ignorance personified
By Marco

ignorance personified

Have to side with darwin (sorry bud) but Senna was a racer, I can't see him coping with all the knobs and buttons required to get a F1 car round modern day mickey mouse circuits. But that goes for other greats, like Fangio, who wouldnt even fit in a 2007 F1 car! :lol:
By bud

ignorance personified

Have to side with darwin (sorry bud) but Senna was a racer, I can't see him coping with all the knobs and buttons required to get a F1 car round modern day mickey mouse circuits. But that goes for other greats, like Fangio, who wouldnt even fit in a 2007 F1 car! :lol:

siding with ignorance is stupidity personified ;) lol

cant cope with knobs and buttons required.... that im sorry to say is one of the lamest things ive heard in regards to Senna! think 93 when at the height of F1s evolution before the big bro stepped in they had active susp, traction and launch control. I think there would have been a few knobs that Senna would have used back then ;)
Thing with the greats is they adapt to their environment! thats what made them great!
By Stephen
LOL - I'm keeping out of this one! :D But I will add that Schumacher did race Senna for a while. ;)
By manmonkee
Personnally I have always ER disliked the Red Baron but wether he's the best or not can never be argued, If he'd had a clean record it wouldn't be a problem but because he's a DIRTY CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,, Deap Breaths,,,, because he hasn't at times played quite fair we'll never know how well he truelly matched up against the other drivers. Martin Brundle was out qualified by Schuey but matched him more often than not in the races so he was turfed out of the team post haste.
He is a great driver but he'll never be seen as a great because he played dirty, win at all costs. Pity, if only he'd been a bit more decent on the track it'd be a different story and we'd all be here discussing a great guy who won 4 World Championships, probably 5, I suspect though Micheal himself would rather have everybody in the world thinking he'd a complete B*****D but have the 7 WC.
By McLaren786
Saying that he wouldn't be quick is simply idiotic. With about 100Km testing he would ready think about the drivers that switch from other series, series without buttons they manage to get on properly. And besides come 2008 when slicks will return and reduction oc tc and driver aids would suit him right to the bone.

See our F1 related articles too!