FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
I'm planning on going to Silverstone this year on race day and could do with some advice on two things:

First off, is it best to park at the track or get the park and ride. I'll staying with friends in Milton Keynes to am not too bothered if we have to queue for a while to get out.

Second, is it worth paying for a seat rather than just getting the general admission pass? Although I'm an early bird there's no way I'm going to be at the circuit earlier than 8 or 9am so I suspect paying for a seat may be the way to go.

Any help would be gratefully received

thank you
I'm planning on going to Silverstone this year on race day and could do with some advice on two things:

First off, is it best to park at the track or get the park and ride. I'll staying with friends in Milton Keynes to am not too bothered if we have to queue for a while to get out.

Second, is it worth paying for a seat rather than just getting the general admission pass? Although I'm an early bird there's no way I'm going to be at the circuit earlier than 8 or 9am so I suspect paying for a seat may be the way to go.

Any help would be gratefully received

thank you

8or9 is not early for race day!! But you can usually sqeeze in somewhere if you're not fussy where. Grandstands obviously easier but more costly and i know some have sold out.
Not sure about parkingvpark and ride as i have parked at the campsite for the last 9 or 10 yrs. My mate always parks at the track and drives back to his hotel without hassle.You will only get track parking if there is more than one in your car. All tickets are 3 day ticketd where you go for 1.2 or3days :D
I last went to the British GP in 2001, and back then "Early Bird" meant getting a deckchair and sitting outside the gates from about 2am... and that was before Hamilton-mania. In other words, buy a seat.
So... anyone here going to Silverstone this year?

I am... but my mate is insisting we take a Jackie Stewart theme... i think i'll pass :P
With the money it would cost me to go to the British GP I could go to Oulton Park or Donington half a dozen times, so I'll probably do that instead. Another alternative is I can get a three-day pass for the pre-race F1 test for £40, watch two Liverpool matches and still have change left over...

To be honest I couldn't stand to see the way it worked the last time I went in 2001. I queued up outside the gates at the crack of dawn to get a good viewing position, which I got, and saw across the track from me a totally empty grandstand - that was the VIP stand. Five minutes before the race it suddenly filled up, and five minutes after the race it was empty, which meant they all missed a cracking Thoroughbred GP race with Lotus 79s and 6-wheeler Tyrrells and so on. Bloody philistines! £20 at Oulton Park will pay for a much more relaxing day out, a much better view and probably more entertaining racing.

Sorry, I don't want to put you off, as it is a good day out. I simply don't have the money to splash out on a single weekend.

I'm going for the whole weekend. :)

I'm going for the whole weekend. :)

Great! Yeah, I can see people's points about the price, but ach im going in a big group so it should be fun.

I been a few times actually, but can't say I've ever strayed farther than stowe or bridge, what's it like down by club etc?
I would by seats cause you no no1 will sit in them an you should be able to see more action form a grandstand. I dont no about the british gp but for the aussi gp this year you couldnt get into some places with a genral ticket.

See our F1 related articles too!