FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

http://www.pitpass.com/45593-Lewis-and-Adrian-Jackie-and-Fred

I kind of followed that to the end of the first paragraph then lost the point of what they were saying! :confused:

I kind of followed that to the end of the first paragraph then lost the point of what they were saying! :confused:

That's Pitpass for you! Without Max Mosley or a winning Ferrari team to bash they are left to rambling on pointlessly. :hehe:

Some good information there, but my, that was a rambling article.

Yes that's the point, it's one of Mike Lawrence's rants. :wink:
After reading this whole fiasco, from beginning to end (i'm talking from the first hints of trouble with sutil till that article) I have to say, Eric Lux, should have backed down after Sutil Offered to pay what was it, 20 mill to a charity? I get it, we don't want people thinking money can buy your way around justice, and if this was just Sutil offering 20 mill to Lux personally to drop the case, I'd be singing a different tune, but really now, 20 million to a charity of his choice, I kinda see that as a DBAG move.

Then again, it could be said that Sutil is equally a DBAG because it prolly won't be donating that money at this point on his own accord.

/shrug.
By What's Burning?
So let it be written, so let it be discussed. :hehe:
There's something a bit odd about this. :scratchchin:
ESPNF1 Adrian Sutil says he does not respect Lewis Hamilton on a personal level any more after the Mercedes driver promised but failed to patch up their relationship.

The two drivers had been friends in junior formula but their relationship turned sour when Lewis Hamilton did not attend Sutil's trial when he was convicted for grievous bodily harm following an incident in a Chinese night club in 2011. During a press conference at this year's Monaco Grand Prix the pair were asked about their relationship and Hamilton said, "You can only really count your good friends on one hand maybe, so as people say, good friends are hard to come by, so I want to make sure we get things right."

However, Sutil told GP Week in a recent interview, also published on ESPN, that he has yet to sit and chat with Hamilton about the issue.

"For some reason he never contacted me again after that," he said. "He always said he is my friend but he wishes to suddenly disappear - he changed his number. I saw him here in the paddock and he always said 'yeah, we can sit down and talk about it', but he never arrived.

"So these kinds of people I don't really respect. I respect him as a sportsman, but I think in private he's not on my level and I don't need to waste time with those people. I'm happy that I realized what kind of a person he is.

"I have good friends, people I can learn from, and this is the most important. I'm happy that I found out earlier rather than later. Here on the circuit, this is business, he's a great racing driver but we haven't really spoken about it."
By sagi58
There are always two sides to every story, eh?
By LRW
If I were Adrian, I would stop reminding people that I glassed someone in a Shanghai nightclub.
By sagi58
If I were Adrian, I would stop reminding people that I glassed someone in a Shanghai nightclub.

Maybe that's what Hamilton seems to be distancing himself from?
By andrew

Maybe that's what Hamilton seems to be distancing himself from?

It's probably more a case of a reporter asking questions about it than Sutil reminding everyone. Even so it's a bit odd when someone who is meant to be a close pal turns their back without even so much as a "get it up ye, ye bottle throwing walloper". It's easy to see why Sutil is a bit miffed (going on what he has said on the subject) but life goes on, friends come and go. We've probably all done it and had it done to us when you drift apart from a friend.
By sagi58
They may very well have drifted apart; but, why doesn't Hamilton just tell Sutil just that, rather than saying they can sit down "some day" to talk about it? Maybe that's what Sutil is miffed about? I know I'd be!!
By sagi58
You'd be miffed about Hamilton not talking to you?

:P

You "know" I meant I'd be miffed if someone I thought was a friend pulled that stunt on me!
((And, NO, I don't consider Hamilton a friend!! :P ))

See our F1 related articles too!