FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By keepboxing
Hi All,
I'm going to my first ever GP this month and was after advice regarding flags and flagposts.
I have seen plenty of telescopic and intrepid poles (6m is probably what I am looking for) on ebay etc. Has anyone got any experience with these? How do you secure them on a stand? It's pretty obvious when you're at a festival and you stick in into the ground but what do you do on a grand stand??
What else would you need to secure a flag? Duct tape, strings (can you take scissors in?).

Many thanks in advance.
Duct Tape onto the grandstand itself. Just one thing about flags... it sucks when they block the view so DON'T DO THAT!
When I went to Silverstone back in 2011, I just draped my big McLaren flag around me. Then waved it like mad whenever Lewis or Jenson did something exciting :D
By racechick
If your at the very front of the grandstand you can fasten it on the front bit, same if your at the back. I was at the back but forgot o take something to fasten it on with. I did Lew's trick and waved like mad when Lewis came by. Had to stop when the racing started though because it was attached to a pole and was hitting people.
Had to stop when the racing started though because it was attached to a pole and was hitting people.

:rofl::rofl::cloud9:
By darwin dali
If your at the very front of the grandstand you can fasten it on the front bit, same if your at the back. I was at the back but forgot o take something to fasten it on with. I did Lew's trick and waved like mad when Lewis came by. Had to stop when the racing started though because it was attached to a pole and was hitting people.

The pole lady strikes again, bada bing, bada boom :hehe:
By stonemonkey
Mine is too big, and never thought about hanging it over the front of the stand to keep it out of everyone's way but I'll do that next time.
By racechick
I'm rather fancying one of those giant poles for next time. I've already been searching and planning what to put on it :D

See our F1 related articles too!