FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By R00DIT
can someone tell me why he was allowed to test when Kimi isnt? also, why was the mclaren and his helmet free of branding?
By Irv the Swerve
The was no sponsors on McLaren's helmet because Alonso was still under contract with Renault and their sponsors until the new year. Renault let Alonso test under conditions and this is one of them.

McLaren are just c**ts and don't want Ferrari do get a hand up already with Kimi. :)
By bud
Hold up spits the only c**ts on the grid have always been Ferrari when it comes to looking out for themselves!

and get the facts before you talk, Kimi has not even tried to get an early release from McLaren or even a shakedown in a sponsor less car Alonso style!
Kimi is happy to relax til January and let Massa and the testers do the early work.
By Irv the Swerve
But even if Kimi wanted to get released early McLaren would not let him go, and you know that yourself.

And it's Spitz not 'Spits'. :P
By bud
Youre assuming and if you want to assume then you can also assume Ferrari would do the same thing in that position. so whats the point of that?

Alonso is the one who orchestrated his shakedown with McLaren he has been keen to get to work for the 07 season using their simulator touring the tech centre etc, whats Kimi done? went to a test session and debrief. If you want to whinge id whinge at your new drivers lack luster interest in chasing down a early release!

sorry spitZ or swallows which is it :P
By Irv the Swerve
Alonso wanted to put the work in because he knows how much of a drop McLaren is than Renault. Maybe Kimi asked already but Ferrari have a good winning car and Kimi must feel good not to drive the hopeless winless McLaren.

I believe you should ask you Mam that question. :P:)
By darwin dali
That's why KR won't win the title and will have a mighty struggle at hand to beat FM. Don't take it from me: Lauda thinks Kimi Raikkonen might have trouble filling the boots of the Maranello based team's departing top driver, Michael Schumacher.

"It will be a difficult task for him, because (Schumacher's) German precision helped Ferrari to triumph for many years.

"Kimi is going to have to work very hard, which is something that he doesn't always like to do."
By Irv the Swerve
Of course Kimi can't and won't ever fill the boots of MS but he still has the skill and the winning determination to see off the challenge of Alonso. I think it will be harder for Alonso than Kimi, we'll have to wait and see.
By darwin dali
FA won't win either because of the shitty car. To further quote NL:
"Renault won the last two championships," 57-year-old Lauda said, "but (Heikki) Kovalainen has never even started a Grand Prix."

He added: "Strong car, but the driver question still needs to be clarified."

He said the opposite situation exists at McLaren, because it boasts the back to back drivers' champion Fernando Alonso but a questionable package.

"It is well known that the McLaren was not the best car this year," Lauda said.

If FM can maintain his form from the second half of last year or even improve himself, he'll be tough to beat.
By darwin dali
So much for friendship, good heart and altruism - it's only available at a hefty price :P

Germany's Bild-Zeitung claims that although Flavio Briatore said he and the Spaniard still enjoy 'a very good relationship', the Italian probably still demanded that McLaren pay for the privilege - according to speculation - of using a Renault employee for the Jerez test. The sum of (US) $2.6m was mentioned.
By bud
Spitz forgot to tell ya about McLarens early release for JPM to race in NASCAR :P
and Spitz id look at the winter testing times so far and take back that remark Macs have been faster than anyone and it seems the one tyre make ( due to dumbed down rubber) will favour the teams who can take care of tyres not unlike the 05 season 8)

and DD if you call Massa's good form of beating Schumacher fair and square once in the second half( turkey) then he has a shitload more of improving to do! i wouldnt give him Brazil as Mike had bad luck that GP. Massa has a long way to go and i wouldnt get carried away with his form form last year cos frankly it was nothing out of the ordinary, nothing Rubens couldnt and did do!
While Kimis work ethic is different he still has the talent and skill to get the job done
By darwin dali
Don't you want to bite your tongue shrubby for the things you were saying above in light of this:

Ron Dennis pushed for Fernando Alonso's early test debut but did not allow Kimi Raikkonen to similarly drive before Christmas, according to a report in the Spanish press.

The newspaper El Mundo Deportivo claims that while Raikkonen seemed unbothered about whether or not he would win an early release from his McLaren contract, Ferrari chiefs actually did ask their McLaren counterparts for clearance for a 2006 test.

"Ron Dennis did not give his approval," the Spanish nationwide daily sports newspaper read.

El Mundo Deportivo quoted Dennis, Woking based McLaren's chairman, as recently saying that negotiations for Alonso's release from his Renault contract would likely differ from the talks with Ferrari.

The Briton reportedly said: "(That is) because the relationship between McLaren-Mercedes and Renault is very different to the relationship between McLaren and Ferrari."
By bud
No i stand by what i said, thats a reported quote its not certified :P

but yeah its most likely accurate but like Ron said Ferrari aint close friends so why help "the man"?
but Kimi never really honestly wanted a early release anyway! so it seems from the outside anyway!
By neil
Bud you've got this baby wrong. JPM would have only got a realease because of the close ties between the teams.
There was never a chance Ron was going to let Kimi go, Alonso's one and only test was nothing more than Flav and Ron thumbing their noses at Ferrari, one test means nothing.

I mean Kimi will adapt within 2 days in the Ferrari, you watch ! :D

See our F1 related articles too!