FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Will F1 popularity suffer if Schumi retires at the end of the season?

Yes
29%
No
57%
Not sure
14%
I'm not sure that popularity will suffer as I think there is a lot of talent both in the field at the moment, and also new talent coming through the ranks. I think this could be Raikonnen's year, and I really hope that he wins the championship this season :)
By Stephen
Interesting thought, and nice to see our first forum poll!
By Freddie
On the contrary - the popularity will increase when he retires !
By Stephen
On the contrary - the popularity will increase when he retires !

Just not in Germany! ;)
By Freddie
Believe it or not - I know a LOT of germans who are really fed up with this guy.

Seriously !
By Karen S
There are a number of German people I know that couldnt be more anti Scummi if they tried...people got fed up of watching F1 COS of him....his ways of pushing the rules so far its a joke.... roll on the day he goes
By simac
I think F1 will benefit without Michael because it became so boring when he was constantly winning all the time. Now he has been beaten fair and square by the young guys and think retirement could be a reality soon.

However, although I don't support him I salute his talent and feel lucky to have been watching MS through his career. When my son grows up i'll be able to tell him all about it !
By Stephen
Amen Simac, the guy is a legend, I don't think we'll see another driver like him for a while.
By Freddie
Amen Simac, the guy is a legend, I don't think we'll see another driver like him for a while.

I hope not !

<RANT>

The guy is unfair, the guy is no sportsman, only results count no matter the price ! People forget single incidents, but the stats remain, stats say so many wins, so many titles and that is what will stay in the books. There are no stats about being pushed out of the gravel at Nürburgring, no stats about how many times Rubens was ordered to let him win, no stats on braking the gentleman's (huh ???) agreement between the teams about limited testing, no stats about how often he broke the rules (switching lanes too often, crashing into your title rival, etc)

Get the f*** out Scummi and leave the sport to fair sportsmen

</RANT>

Sorry :roll:
By Stephen
Well I said he was a legend, that kind of stands. He is 7 times world champion, and that takes some doing. ;)
By simac
Hey Stephen - you're not turning to the dark side are you LMAO !! :shock:
By Stephen
Hey Stephen - you're not turning to the dark side are you LMAO !! :shock:

No way...but credit where it's due! ;)
By simac
:D agreed ! hehe

See our F1 related articles too!