FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By Newie
Any opinions on where the best viewing areas for Silverstone are, at the moment I'm thinking of the Hangar straight. Any other recommendations appreciated.
By racechick
My tickets are for Bridge but i know they're sold out now
By onelapdown
Disclaimer: I haven't been to Silverstone since 2001 so this may be out of date

If you get there early enough* there's a little room up against a fence at Bridge at the back of a stand. Here you can see Bridge, Priory, Brooklands and Luffield and there's a TV screen right in front of you. It's a great place to follow the race.
*by early I mean queueing up outside the gates at 1am and running straight in to your place as soon as the gates open...

However If you purely want to see an F1 car at it's most impressive make for the apex of Maggotts, where you can get within about 5 metres of a car cornering flat out at 190mph
By racechick
Disclaimer: I haven't been to Silverstone since 2001 so this may be out of date

If you get there early enough* there's a little room up against a fence at Bridge at the back of a stand. Here you can see Bridge, Priory, Brooklands and Luffield and there's a TV screen right in front of you. It's a great place to follow the race.
*by early I mean queueing up outside the gates at 1am and running straight in to your place as soon as the gates open...

However If you purely want to see an F1 car at it's most impressive make for the apex of Maggotts, where you can get within about 5 metres of a car cornering flat out at 190mph

That place by bridge is where I watched once but you do have to be early! After that i went into bridge itself. It is a great place.
By scotty
I haven't been to Silverstone for a couple of years, are there still places to see the track without getting a grandstand ticket?
By racechick
I haven't been to Silverstone for a couple of years, are there still places to see the track without getting a grandstand ticket?

yeah loads. you just have to get there early
By racechick
Is it sold out yet?

I know bridge is because a friend tried to get a ticket. I should think there are still some tickests elsewhere though. You can check online or phone Silvertsone circuits

See our F1 related articles too!