FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
$51m per year, that has to be a joke right?

I know he's good but with Massa on a fifth of that, you've got to think Ferrari have gone gaga! Surely that's a Michael Schumacher kind of salary/wage?
By manmonkee
Well a mans got to live, how'd you expect him to get drunk every night and waggle his willy at strippers without a steady income???

Even if it was 51 million cents it would be a ridiculas amount of money.
By R00DIT
yeah hes a good driver, worth the money, well if you were ferrari and need another schumacher pedigree driver, hes the only free option isnt he?
By bud
their paying this salary based on his talent not his previous results! obviously they see him as being able to deliver results for them!

and will everyone please drop the Massa is = to Kimi bullpoo its gone for too long as it is, he is only 1/5 of the driving talent of Kimi thus the pay difference ;)
By Stephen
their paying this salary based on his talent not his previous results! obviously they see him as being able to deliver results for them!

and will everyone please drop the Massa is = to Kimi bullpoo its gone for too long as it is, he is only 1/5 of the driving talent of Kimi thus the pay difference ;)

Agreed that Massa is definately the number two as far as driving ability goes, but should Massa continue to improve he'll be a force to be reckoned with - for even Kimi.

Kimi is going to have to continue to curb his lifestyle if he's to make a success at Ferrari, Schumacher's legacy has left a team that expects 200% commitment, I hope for his sake, and our viewing pleasure, that he makes the most of it! :twisted:
By darwin dali
I just want to make sure that FM doesn't get underestimated. By anyone here. KR could be in for a big surprise and his main rival could end up being his team mate. I agree with Stephen about the Ferrari culture/expectations and would add that FM has been infused with that spirit for a while now...
By bud
Why would Ferrari pay Kimi all that money if Massa will get the job done on a far lesser salary? The team car and strategy will all evolve around Kimi! nothings going to change at Ferrari they will have a set #1 and #2. Massa knowing his way around the place will only help him for a short amount of time. the cream rises to the top as they say! Kimi will show his superiour skills.
By Irv the Swerve
That salary is quite high ($51m). Schumacher was on ($65m) in is last year. But I think kimi is worth it. Ferrari will be a fierce challenger next season, i'm sure of that.
By R00DIT
Why would Ferrari pay Kimi all that money if Massa will get the job done on a far lesser salary? The team car and strategy will all evolve around Kimi! nothings going to change at Ferrari they will have a set #1 and #2. Massa knowing his way around the place will only help him for a short amount of time. the cream rises to the top as they say! Kimi will show his superiour skills.

i agree, from the first race the finn will show whose really boss :lol:
By darwin dali
Luca di Montezemolo has rejected suggestions that Kimi Raikkonen will automatically assume Michael Schumacher's role as 'number one' at Ferrari in 2007.

The Italian marque's President said Finn Raikkonen's incumbent team-mate, Felipe Massa, should not be written off.

"We will see," Montezemolo told the daily newspaper La Repubblica.

"I would not so readily underestimate Massa. He won two races while Schumacher was in top form, learned a lot from him, and is doing a very good job also in his physical game. "
By neil
Luca di Montezemolo has rejected suggestions that Kimi Raikkonen will automatically assume Michael Schumacher's role as 'number one' at Ferrari in 2007.

The Italian marque's President said Finn Raikkonen's incumbent team-mate, Felipe Massa, should not be written off.

"We will see," Montezemolo told the daily newspaper La Repubblica.

"I would not so readily underestimate Massa. He won two races while Schumacher was in top form, learned a lot from him, and is doing a very good job also in his physical game. "

hey DD, there's some major contradictions in Luca's comments lately.
I'm going to call him out after Xmas, he is getting worse than Flav :?
By darwin dali
Domenicali is quoted as saying by Focus Online: "Both drivers will receive the same material and the same support from us, at least at the beginning of the season."
By Marco
Backed up by an article by Stephen too, still find it hard to believe though.
By bud
Stupid emotional italianism propaganda
By Stephen
Stupid emotional italianism propaganda

Could be, but to be honest I don't care what they do - as long as we don't have situations like Austria/Indianapolis with Ferrari drivers swapping positions at the last corner!

See our F1 related articles too!